New Slinkys March 2020
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’m Being Haunted !

User Info Menu

I've heard that there will be a John Myung 6 string being released....I think I read that somewhere here. If its true, then you might want to wait...if its his spec..
    6 string with 5 string width neck? I hope it's true. Thats the one I'm waiting on.

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I also own a 5 string Bongo. It was one of the ones built for GC and has a highly figured roasted neck, ebony fingerboard and Borolo (metalflake purple) finish. Yes, the painted neck is not my favorite thing about my 6 as the feel and look of the oil finished neck is more my cup of tea. Also with the oil finish any minor dents or dings are easily corrected.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    I've heard that there will be a John Myung 6 string being released....I think I read that somewhere here. If its true, then you might want to wait...if its his spec..
    6 string with 5 string width neck? I hope it's true. Thats the one I'm waiting on.

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I have heard the same thing regarding the five string neck, hopefully it might continue past the signature model and find it’s way to the regular Bongo6 or at least a special run

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
    I also own a 5 string Bongo. It was one of the ones built for GC and has a highly figured roasted neck, ebony fingerboard and Borolo (metalflake purple) finish. Yes, the painted neck is not my favorite thing about my 6 as the feel and look of the oil finished neck is more my cup of tea. Also with the oil finish any minor dents or dings are easily corrected.
    Your five string, I know the colour combination, it’s one of my favourites. The dark purple with black hardware really makes the neck look warm..... very nice !

The painted neck, I only own one other none EBMM bass and that had a glossy neck that’s now oil and wax.
    Can’t bring myself to strip the Bongo neck though it’s unfortunately in too good a condition and the colour match is just part of it.
    So..... what I do is used a scotch pad on it just lightly, enough to take the sticky ness off it. It soon buffs back up though from playing it so no permanent harm done and for me makes it a lot more playable

User Info Menu

I recently got Bongo 6HH SBK. It is the most comfortable 6 I have played. I have Yamaha RBX 6JM, RBX JM2, six string fretless Harley Benton, Bongo is lightest, best sounding machine. I also tried 6 string Warwick, Yamaha TRB6JP and few others six stringers. The spacing is little bit bigger than in others, the neck seems to be thicker, but overall comfort is much better than on all other 6 stringers. The biggest thing is that when I have played very spread positions on low strings on 6 strings (1-4 fret, strings B and E) I had quickly hand fatigue, that's why few years ago I switched to SR5 as main instrument. Now Bongo replaced it as I do not have that fatigue; I have tried it on my Yamahas and it come quickly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wallygator View Post
    I recently got Bongo 6HH SBK. It is the most comfortable 6 I have played. I have Yamaha RBX 6JM, RBX JM2, six string fretless Harley Benton, Bongo is lightest, best sounding machine. I also tried 6 string Warwick, Yamaha TRB6JP and few others six stringers. The spacing is little bit bigger than in others, the neck seems to be thicker, but overall comfort is much better than on all other 6 stringers. The biggest thing is that when I have played very spread positions on low strings on 6 strings (1-4 fret, strings B and E) I had quickly hand fatigue, that's why few years ago I switched to SR5 as main instrument. Now Bongo replaced it as I do not have that fatigue; I have tried it on my Yamahas and it come quickly.
    I’ve only ever played a Bongo 6 in a shop and will agree with you they do balance quite comfortably in a seated position, This was a newer one with the lighter hardware. I’m not that experienced with a 6 to comment on string spacing but that’s the general word of people wanting to see it a bit narrower at the nut.

User Info Menu

I’m Getting desperate. A local shop has a 6H for sale that I don’t particularly like the look of but it’s starting to look appealing