The Vault

Thread: Sterling SUB SB4 by Music Man

User Info Menu

Sterling SUB SB4 by Music Man

I'm trying to make my bass lighter weight. I have changed everything to make it lighter except the Bridge. I cant seem to find an aluminum one or something lightweight that would fit. do you folks have any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Hipshot, I’m sure they do something that will fit

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

If the bridge is the very last item awaiting a lightweight replacement then you’re prolly chasing after the very last 2 or 3 ounces. Is it worth it ? It’s a great bridge and the weight is in the best possible location balance-wise. If you do alter the bridge material you might also alter the sound cuz the bridge is where all the string vibration is anchored.

There are tone freaks out there in Bassland replacing pot metal or lightweight stamped steel bridges with heavy solid brass bridges.
    Last edited by Golem; 06-18-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    EB SUB SL4 - SR4p FL [x3]
    Early EB SR4 defretted
    SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL
    SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL [x2]
    Bongo4Hp FL [x2]

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaging in social networks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    If the bridge is the very last item awaiting a lightweight replacement then you’re prolly chasing after the very last 2 or 3 ounces. Is it worth it ? It’s a great bridge and the weight is in the best possible location balance-wise. If you do alter the bridge material you might also alter the sound cuz the bridge is where all the string vibration is anchored.

There are tone freaks out there in Bassland replacing pot metal or lightweight stamped steel bridges with heavy solid brass bridges.
    Never thought of that. I will leave it the way it is. Thanks