BFR Feb 2020

Thread: Vault Basses Sold in Canada

User Info Menu

Vault Basses Sold in Canada

Hi, I am posting to see if anyone has any solution to getting a bass from the Vault on the EBMM website shipped to Canada. I would love to buy one of the basses but it says it is a US exclusive and when I messaged John Quinn who is responsible for the international sales he says they are not setup for direct international sales. Is there any recommended way to get an instrument into Canada? It seems very strange to me that they can't ship a bass to Canada. I would be more than willing to pay the cost of shipping and I'm ready to pay the price of the bass without financing.

Anyone have any ideas? I've heard of people ordering delivery from US websites to be picked up at locations nearby the border in the US and then going over the border to pick them up but I have no personal experience with that. Is it advisable?

User Info Menu

Ask your local ups or fedex franchised “Shipping Store” about a plan such as “hold at location” at a USA location, followed by a “forward to new destination” using your choice of Canadian destination.

If that works you pay an additional charge for the second leg of the journey plus any customs charges as the second leg crosses the border.

If this plan or any variant of it is OK with fedex or ups, and is OK with “The Crown”, then it solves the EBMM problem as well, cuz you pay in yankee dollars and they ship to a US destination.
    EB SUB SL4 - SR4p FL [x3]
    Early EB SR4 defretted
    SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL
    SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL [x2]
    Bongo4Hp FL [x2]

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaging in social networks.

User Info Menu

If you have any friends in the US, ship to them, then ship up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I have a US shipping address - talk nice to me. And I do my own customs declarations
    1977 Sunburst SR4H with customized 24 fret ebony fretboard, 1982 Natural SR4H X2, 1983 Sunburst SR4H, 2005 Buttercream Bongo 4HH RW Neck, 2005 LE Buttercream SR4HH, 2007 DD SR4HH, 2007 DD Bongo 4HH, 2009 25th Venetian Red SR4HH BFR RW neck, a couple of regular Sterlings, a few other Stingrays, and a few competitors basses

User Info Menu

Boom.....what a community!!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk