Straps 2020
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: BFR Basses

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    BFR Basses

    The new ones are released and what beauties.

    Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man

    That fretless is calling me.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Thanks for posting and I agree, the fretless SR5 is amazing.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Another positive vote towards the FL. that neck is stunning

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Another positive vote towards the FL. that neck is stunning
    Was thinking about getting the BFR 4 fretless recently. Glad never pulled the trigger. Would have had a bit of buyers remorse if I did and saw the 5 come out.

    Not sure if it makes sense that the 4 and 5 both are the same finish. Might have been cool if they were slightly different. But 4 vs 5 is different enough I suppose.

    Did pull the trigger on the 5 and ordered!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BFR Basses-angle-xlarge-jpg   BFR Basses-front-xlarge-jpg   BFR Basses-xlarge-jpg  

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Congrats!!!! I think I'm gonna have to skip. I'm waiting on a bongo 6....hopefully a John Myung......

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    The new ones are released and what beauties.

    Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man

    That fretless is calling me.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    The SR5 is nice but that champagne sparkle 4HH is fabulous - really want one!!
    2018 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by drTStingray View Post
    The SR5 is nice but that champagne sparkle 4HH is fabulous - really want one!!
    If the 4HH was fretless, would have had a difficult choice! Think it would have won out.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    Was thinking about getting the BFR 4 fretless recently. Glad never pulled the trigger. Would have had a bit of buyers remorse if I did and saw the 5 come out.

    Not sure if it makes sense that the 4 and 5 both are the same finish. Might have been cool if they were slightly different. But 4 vs 5 is different enough I suppose.

    Did pull the trigger on the 5 and ordered!
    That’s one impressive looking bass. Perfect. All stripped back five version. Seriously impressed with that one (wish I played FL)

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    That’s one impressive looking bass. Perfect. All stripped back five version. Seriously impressed with that one (wish I played FL)
    Thanks. I looked at a few online. This was one that stood out for me. There was one other that I was going back and forth with comparing. Couldn't really decide. This was a bit lighter weight so went with it.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Ours has arrived and it is gorgeous with an incredible flamed neck! #33/70









    Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 08-04-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    LOVE that! ^^^
    Balls are Best!!

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Wow !!

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Ours has arrived and it is gorgeous with an incredible flamed neck! #33/70









    I was just looking at your website. That’s a really good price especially when converting $_£
    Beautiful looking bass. FL is off limits though

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    Congrats!!!! I think I'm gonna have to skip. I'm waiting on a bongo 6....hopefully a John Myung......

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Did you listen to the most recent "Striking a Chord" podcast with Myung? The host at the beginning says an artist series bass for Myung is coming out in the next few days.
    JP6 Pearl White born 1/11/11
    Majesty Monarchy Imperial Blue born 1/23/18
    Cutlass SSS Starry night born 2/6/17
    Sabre Blue Moonstone born 5/4/20
    Axis Translucent Gold born 3/17/15
    Bongo 5 HS Starry Night born 12/16/16
    Some other guitars

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Oh?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums