VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: "Classic" & "Old Smoothie" availability.

User Info Menu

"Classic" & "Old Smoothie" availability.

Re The "Classic & "Old Smoothie" Sting Ray Basses: EBMM is slimming their line for 2021 due to covid BUT there is no plan on getting rid of these Bass offerings in the future.

User Info Menu

The short scale Stingray is now visible on MM website

Music Man Basses: Carbon Blue Pearl HH Bongo 4 - 20th Anniversary H SR5 - Trans Teal H SR4 - Vintage Sunburst Hp Fretless SR4 - Vintage Gold HSS Reflex 5 - Ivory White Caprice - BFR Redwood HH SR4 - Pacific Blue Burst HS Sterling 4 - Raspberry Pearl Short Scale StingRay
    Music Man Guitars: White Sparkle Piezo JP 6 - Vintage Sunburst HH Luke III - Trans Black Reflex - Coral Red SSS Cutlass RS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    It sure is, and I'll have both colors arriving at the shop in the next 2-3 weeks or so!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Trussbroken View Post
    Re The "Classic & "Old Smoothie" Sting Ray Basses: EBMM is slimming their line for 2021 due to covid BUT there is no plan on getting rid of these Bass offerings in the future.
    So temporarily unavailable?

User Info Menu

Pete... please post when the short scales show up. Would love to swing by the shop and check them out. I’m back in CT again!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    It sure is, and I'll have both colors arriving at the shop in the next 2-3 weeks or so!
    BONGO 5HH BFR
    STINGRAY SPECIAL 5HH
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE), Classic 4H White w/ MHS
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)
    CAPRICE - 4 (Natural)

Discontinued Musicman Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

It's called 'things are freaking weird right now' so things are gonna get weird for a while. This is industry and worldwide.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    So temporarily unavailable?
    Yes. But I don't know when orders actually stop being taken.

User Info Menu

I don't think we'll make an Old Smoothie or Classic how we used to again. We'll have a limited version of a Classic drop soon and then hopefully we can improve those concepts in 2022.

*Edit just read the other thread..

There is only so much capacity with Covid that we had to reduce certain offerings. To put it in perspective I would guess it's 40-1 for Special vs Classic sales.
    Last edited by Dargin; 09-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    "Scott Moreno"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin View Post
    40-1 for Special vs Classic sales.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

This morning I checked in to the MM-basses page to check out the new short scales and noticed the Classics and Smoothie missing from the lineup, then naturally came here to get the skinny. Sure glad to read that they aren't gone for good, and I'm VERY interested to see what the Limited version will be like.

Oddly enough this news comes at the perfect time for me; I've been considering selling both my Classic and my Smoothie to generate funds for a new Taylor guitar, but I've not been able to bring myself to actually list them. I'll open the cases to snap photos for the listing, set the camera down, and pick one up to play-- then the other-- and don't you know it, two hours have passed and I've not taken a single photo LOL!

Seeing the two models fall victim (temporarily) to Covid is a sign to hold on to mine. The Taylor can wait a little while longer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmbassplayer View Post
    Pete... please post when the short scales show up. Would love to swing by the shop and check them out. I’m back in CT again!
    Will do, and welcome back!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

The Classics (and indeed the Old Smoothie!) were wonderful additions.

Here are two of the first batch of five which EBMM took to Bass Player Live in October 2009 to introduce the new line, Surf Green and Fiesta Red - B050501 and B050505. (The others were Shell Pink, Sonic Blue and Trans White.) The colours were renamed Mint Green and Coral Red for the production run.

86 Sabre Nat
    87 TR
    87 Sun
    87 SR5 proto Peach
    88 Peach
    88 Sabre Peach
    88 Sabre Sun
    89 Blub
    89 SR5 Peach
    89 Sun
    89 SR5 TR
    90 Blub
    90 V Sun
    90 TR
    90 SR5 TR
    92 Sun
    92 V Sun
    94 Sterl Sun
    98 Sher G MHS
    00 SR5 Mtl Flake G MHS
    02 Gun Silv MHS
    03 SR5 Wh
    07 TR
    09 25th 5 HSS
    09 Class Surf G
    09 Class Fiesta Red MHS
    10 Class SR5 Blk x2
    16 Big Al 5 SSS Vint Tob PDN MHS
    17 Old Sm Choc B x2
    17 30th SR5 RW
    17 30th SR5 M
    18 SR5S Vint Tob
    18 SR5S Aqua Sp

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    I just got mine in sunburst and let me assure you this thing shreds! They definitely made the right call by putting the roasted neck on it too. The low end is so thick itís awesome!