Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want this Musicman Stingray

User Info Menu

I want this Musicman Stingray

If Big Poppa is reading this, I would love to own a MM Stingray Headless someday!!!
    Please make one!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Yes! Lets ruin the iconic head stock and bridge to install a headless system that may require special strings, have issues with set screws stripping, and supplier issues.

Ok how about lets not.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Lol, headless.. Is there anything more ugly, outdated, cheesy and passé than a headless instrument? Not many things are I'd say. Yuck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoublebassTim View Post
    If Big Poppa is reading this, I would love to own a MM Stingray Headless someday!!!
    Please make one!
    Don't listen to him BP

User Info Menu

Please do not go down the headless route with any Stingray as that would be the height of stupidity!

User Info Menu

Think I was just sick in my mouth a little

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mouth View Post
    Lol, headless.. Is there anything more ugly, outdated, cheesy and passé than a headless instrument? Not many things are I'd say. Yuck!
    I don't get why everyone has this idea of "modernity" about headless instruments. They came out of the late 70s - early 80s. There's nothing new about them, or modern.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Would you ask Ferrari to remove two wheels from their cars ?
    Personally I just bought a Ducati

Music Man Basses: Carbon Blue Pearl HH Bongo 4 - 20th Anniversary H SR5 - Trans Teal H SR4 - Vintage Sunburst Hp Fretless SR4 - Vintage Gold HSS Reflex 5 - Ivory White Caprice - BFR Redwood HH SR4 - Pacific Blue Burst HS Sterling 4 - Raspberry Pearl Short Scale StingRay
    Music Man Guitars: White Sparkle Piezo JP 6 - Vintage Sunburst HH Luke III - Trans Black Reflex - Coral Red SSS Cutlass RS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mouth View Post
    Begging of you my MM bro .... please lighten up ! See, I got TWO classic Bergers for sale and I reeeeeally need that $6K, okay ?

Thanks much !
    EB SUB SL4 - SR4p FL [x3]
    Early EB SR4 defretted
    SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL
    SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL [x2]
    Bongo4Hp FL [x2]

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaging in social networks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Begging of you my MM bro .... please lighten up ! See, I got TWO classic Bergers for sale and I reeeeeally need that $6K, okay ?

Thanks much !
    Lol, sorry, I overreacted and that was silly of me. My bad, MM bro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post

Thanks much !
    Wow! That’s a lot of fold for a tiny little bass !

Joke aside they do sound pretty good and Timmy C has quite an extensive collection of them. Don’t think I’m brave enough to want to own one myself but would love to take one for a spin at some point.
    Good luck with your sale

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Wow! That’s a lot of fold for a tiny little bass !

Joke aside they do sound pretty good and Timmy C has quite an extensive collection of them. Don’t think I’m brave enough to want to own one myself but would love to take one for a spin at some point.
    Good luck with your sale
    Tried playing a guitar one back in the day that a friend had. Could never get used to it and found it disorienting for some reason

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    Tried playing a guitar one back in the day that a friend had. Could never get used to it and found it disorienting for some reason
    Many moons ago I used to work in a local guitar shop, Saturday job as a kid and remember them having a couple of Honer Jack guitars (if that’s what they were officially called) with a like leaver on the bottom so you were in with some chance of being able to hold it to play it ?!???!? Lol
    Many moons later I’d love to have another go at one. Not that I want to own one just curious

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Many moons ago I used to work in a local guitar shop, Saturday job as a kid and remember them having a couple of Honer Jack guitars (if that’s what they were officially called) with a like leaver on the bottom so you were in with some chance of being able to hold it to play it ?!???!? Lol
    Many moons later I’d love to have another go at one. Not that I want to own one just curious
    That was the B2(a), looked a lot like a steiny, and was a cheap godsend at really tiny stages in the 80's haha. The Jack had a more traditional body, and thus didn't need the foldout to sit on your lap.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.