New to the forum. Here are my basses.

From L-R in order of purchase:
    Sterling 5HH Egyptian Smoke 2011
    Big Al 5SSS Silver (my goto bass) 2012
    Bongo 5HS Black 2013
    Reflex 5HSS White 2019

My MM Basses-musicman-bases-hz3-jpg

User Info Menu

Nice, versatile lineup, and great colors! Welcome to the forums.

User Info Menu

Very cool basses. A couple of rare ones that were only in production for a while in there too. Thanks for sharing!
    Bongo fretless in firemist purple
    September 2020 BFR Bongo 5 string in satin honey burst
    2006 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    2015 Axis Super Sport in honey burst

User Info Menu

Very nice! I have a silver Big Al 4SSS, I know there aren't many out there. I always liked Egyptian Smoke too.

1998 Sterling 4H honeyburst lined fretless
    2006 30th Anniversary Stingray
    2014 Bongo 4HSp neptune blue w/roasted maple neck
    2014 Big Al 4SSS inca silver w/full rosewood neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cstew1963 View Post
    New to the forum. Here are my basses.

From L-R in order of purchase:
    Sterling 5HH Egyptian Smoke 2011
    Big Al 5SSS Silver (my goto bass) 2012
    Bongo 5HS Black 2013
    Reflex 5HSS White 2019

My MM Basses-musicman-bases-hz3-jpg
    Liking that Reflex!
    “Don’t play it if you don’t feel it.”

James Jamerson

“If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”

RUSH

User Info Menu

Sick collection! Welcome! If ya ever wanna get rid of that reflex I know a guy looking for one ��

User Info Menu

You have done well for yourself.

User Info Menu

Congrats on what seems like a diverse collection. But could I ask(only having owned played a Sterling SB14):

1. Why the Big Al is your 'goto'. Appearance wise, only, for me, your Egyptian Smoke Sterling looks the nicest.

2. Why you never acquired MM's most famous model - the Stingray

User Info Menu

I'm interested in his answer to this but I am kind of in the same boat - I have Bongos all over the place and that isn't likely to change, but when there is studio time, I also bring my Big Al 5H. My band has come to think of it as "the recording bass" and if I don't have it, they get nervous.

I use the Big Al 5H and a Bongo 5H on almost everything. Same deal when we gig, although it's been a long time since COVID let us do that. The reasons I use those two are simple. They have a long history of getting the job done. I'm at home with them - they always feel "right" and the tone is dependable and BIG.

Come to think of it, I don't currently have a Stingray, either. When I do have one, it's always a fiver.

Wait, I forgot: I have a SUB, ye olde USA model with the bumpy finish and black painted neck. It's the "budget Stingray" and I keep it because what kind of person would I be if I didn't have some kind of Stingray? Almost overlooked that one.

User Info Menu

Very nice well thought out collection. Big AL and the Reflex. Very nice

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Thanks!
    See Below.

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Congrats on what seems like a diverse collection. But could I ask(only having owned played a Sterling SB14):

1. Why the Big Al is your 'goto'. Appearance wise, only, for me, your Egyptian Smoke Sterling looks the nicest. - The Big Al electronics paired with my Markbass P210 Combo amp sounds phenomenal! Ive had several seasoned sound engineers say its the best combination they've heard. Plus it does look cool! The Sterling Egyptian Smoke was my first MM. Definitely nice looking.

2. Why you never acquired MM's most famous model - the Stingray- The Stingray I feel has too big of a body (for me). Thats why I went with the Sterling. Pretty much same shape, smaller body.

User Info Menu

My Rig

This is my rig. My gigging basses are the Big Al 5SSS and Reflex 5HSS. Amp is the Markbass p210 Combo. Road case is custom designed to fit the Markbass amp and 8U rackspace for wireless IEM/Guitar and personal mixer (I split my vocals and bass). The case is from Hard Rock Cases.

My MM Basses-myrig2-jpg