Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 lineup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ComeHomeShane View Post
    Same. I would love a Sterling Special 5 HH
    if they didnt kill off the sterling, that would be amazing.

User Info Menu

New color selection is terrible! All very trying to look "modern," none of the prettier, or more traditional finishes like natural. Also, the black hardware options are awful. Really hoping EBMM will do some more BFR Stingrays with a natural finish. Natural or wood grain finishes seem like bread n' butter Stringray finish - I don't understand how EBMM isn't offering a single bass in that option. Color options have always been limited in this line, but 2021 seems particularly bad. Not a single one of the current line of colors will make me buy.

User Info Menu

I didn't like any of the new colors either so was lucky enough to find a new Tectonic Blue Sparkle 4HH with ebony fret board a few days ago that had a born on date of just 3 and a half weeks ago. Not only is it gorgeous but I avoided the $100 price increase to boot.

User Info Menu

You know what I DO NOT like?

No, you don't know. Raise your hand if you understand this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    You know what I DO NOT like?

No, you don't know. Raise your hand if you understand this.
    Eggs. I do not like eggs of any description

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Eggs. I do not like eggs of any description
    Go to the Chicken Forum and tell them in detail!

User Info Menu

It's been a while, I've been out of the loop, but could it be green basses?
    Psycho Ward

King of Lefthanzia

"I now pronounce you KING of LEFTHANZIA...its official and no one can take it away..." -BP

4 Bongos
    4 Sterlings
    2 SR5's
    1 SR4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward View Post
    It's been a while, I've been out of the loop, but could it be green basses?
    It could be green basses....but it isn't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Go to the Chicken Forum and tell them in detail!
    By the way, though, i really like duck eggs. Why can't chickens just make their eggs like that?
    93 SR 5 H fl trans teal
    90 SR 5 H fretted* trans red (orig. fl)
    07 SR 5 HH DD I
    07 SR 5 Hp fl black/w
    08 SR 4 HH BFR Redwood
    09 SR 5 H DD II
    09 25th Anni 5 HSS
    09 Reflex 5 Rosewood
    10 Reflex 5 Lamborghini orangeburst
    04 Bongo 5 HHp Sapphire
    06 Bongo 5 Hp Egyptian Smoke
    14 Bongo 5 HSp fl Cardinal red sparkle
    17 Bongo 6 HS fl Starry Night
    12 Sterling 5 HS PDN honey
    14 Sterling 5 HH Pacific Blueburst
    12 Big Al 5 PDN honey
    19 SR 4 DD III
    70s EB Earthwood bass
    72 EB Earthwood guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Murphy View Post
    By the way, though, i really like duck eggs. Why can't chickens just make their eggs like that?
    There are a few explanations for this.

1. FMIC bought the chickens out and the eggs have sucked ever since.
    2. Gibson bought the chickens and everyone knows the quality has fallen precipitously.
    3. The chickens are now all made in Asia and everyone knows what that means.
    4. The eggs from pre-1965 chickens were way better.

User Info Menu

Just fyi, the Sterling hasn't been discontinued. It is its own listing now though....and have they always had music-man sterling on the headstock?...I've never owned one.

Don't be fooled by how they worded the listing, it's not the "Sterling by MM" I thought that was the case when I looked at the website until I checked the price....definitely EBMM.

Sterling Collection | Ernie Ball Music Man

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That is great news and so much better than talking about eggs.

User Info Menu

Serious question: Anyone have any inside info or rumors on whether MM is going to bring out any desirable colors/hardware options this year? The 2021 colors/hardware so far is some of the ugliest Stingrays I've ever seen. I was looking at add another Stringray to my gigging stable this year, but I'm not about to be go playing a purple glitter 'Ray with gold hardware. Can you imagine showing up to a rehearsal with something like that?

I was thinking possibly this is all Covid-related - maybe MM is trying to clear out ugly hardware/paint inventory, or perhaps there has been a materials/labor shortage, and so they're assembling and shipping out what's left in the warehouse?

Seriously, not even a single bass offered in the traditional black/chrome configuration, no natural finish, no good woodgrain finishes like the nice burnt amber, no charging green, etc.

Anyone know if this is as good as is gets for 2021, and our only option is buying used?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RayFan View Post
    Serious question: Anyone have any inside info or rumors on whether MM is going to bring out any desirable colors/hardware options this year? The 2021 colors/hardware so far is some of the ugliest Stingrays I've ever seen. I was looking at add another Stringray to my gigging stable this year, but I'm not about to be go playing a purple glitter 'Ray with gold hardware. Can you imagine showing up to a rehearsal with something like that?

I was thinking possibly this is all Covid-related - maybe MM is trying to clear out ugly hardware/paint inventory, or perhaps there has been a materials/labor shortage, and so they're assembling and shipping out what's left in the warehouse?

Seriously, not even a single bass offered in the traditional black/chrome configuration, no natural finish, no good woodgrain finishes like the nice burnt amber, no charging green, etc.

Anyone know if this is as good as is gets for 2021, and our only option is buying used?
    Colors are difficult things and are never something that is going to please everyone. I like the new colors. It is frustrating if you are in the market for something right now and the colors offered are not your cup of tea. But there is still new stock of last year's models available if you look around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RayFan View Post
    Can you imagine showing up to a rehearsal with something like that?
    Yes.