Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 lineup

User Info Menu

2021 lineup

So what's everyone's thoughts on the new colors?

User Info Menu

Marc... I like the new Orange Bongo. Great look for that bass. The smoked chrome finish on the Stingray is also very nice. I am guessing the Sterling is now discontinued. Also wondering the blog entry for the Bongo states available in H, HH and HS. Hoping this is correct and they have added these options back to the line up but thinking it is not. JOSH
    BONGO 5HH BFR
    STINGRAY SPECIAL 5HH
    SBMM STINGRAY 4H (Short Scale)
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE), Classic 4H White w/ MHS
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red), BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold), CAPRICE - 4 (Natural)

User Info Menu

I like the orange harvest too. Hoping the HS really is back

My three favorite colors for the Stingray are Forest Green Pearl, Snowy Night and Amethyst sparkle.

Doubt the Sterling would be discontinued. If anything think it may go out of production for a bit like the classics, and return at a later date

User Info Menu

Bummed that there's no lefties available at all..., especially if you're not based in the US.

User Info Menu

It lists both colors on the short scale as discontinued. I hope this just means the new colors aren’t up on the site yet. I’d be very sad to see this wonderful bass go. I really cherish mine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregP View Post
    It lists both colors on the short scale as discontinued. I hope this just means the new colors aren’t up on the site yet. I’d be very sad to see this wonderful bass go. I really cherish mine.
    There are 4 new short scale colors for sale in the ebmm "vault" and there may be other colors that become available through dealers later on.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Raspberry Burst and Smoked Chrome are about my favourite.

The Amethyst Sparkle looks good with the gold hardware but I’m not brave enough for that one (I’m usually not a fan of gold but in the right setting it can look good. Just my opinion)

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

I'm actually pretty disappointed. They discontinued, what, 17 colors and replaced them with only 8? Also the colors are pretty polarizing, amethyst sparkle for example. Smoked chrome looks great, but its just charcoal sparkle with a burst and black headstock, suddenly that's worth an extra $200?

So less colors that are more expensive, and no classic options like a normal 3tsb, natural, or white.

User Info Menu

I really like the look of the new Speed Blue, Frost Green and Snowy Night Stingrays but the 40+% price increase in the UK is just ridiculous.

User Info Menu

Personally, I'm not crazy about the 2021 color options compared with the 2020 choices. However, I don't see that as a bad thing-- these new colors will appeal to a lot of folks, some of whom likely didn't care for the 2020 offerings. So it's a good thing for them. Then, a few years from now the used market with be flush with color options

Also I'm really happy with my StingRays, and have no reason to consider replacing/adding to my collection. Although since receiving a second-hand Bongo 4H I have been considering a 5-string version... so I could maybe, possibly, be browsing through the new '21 colors, but a financial miracle would first be necessary
    Last edited by Monahan; 01-23-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    “Most of all, play with joy. Therein you'll find the Way.” ~Philip Toshio Sudo
    Stingray Special 4HH Aqua Sparkle (2018)
    Stingray Special 4HH Black (2019)
    Bongo 4H Firemist Purple (2018)

User Info Menu

I think that EBMM should never leave some colour options like natural, sunburnst, black, white/cream and red. Those are standard colours which suits perfect for probably any bass on this planet. And personally I don't like the new colour palette of EBMM basses. And I don't like those sparkly new ones the most. I don't know... maybe I'm a "old-school" guy but I have SR4H from 2005 in natural and I love this simple and classic design. And matching headstock for rosewood/ebony fingerboard basses looks stunning too.

User Info Menu

Not crazy about the 2021 colors. I actually like the gator paint job on the sabre(?) guitar the most, but would likely never buy it for myself on a bass.

I'm biting my nails waiting for EBMM to announce the new bass model!?!?!?

User Info Menu

I am not liking the new colors at all. I can't say there are any I would pick whereas last year there were so many great coIors I had a hard time choosing, finally going with Maroon Mist. Honestly I don't think there was a bad color in the bunch whereas this year not a good one. That amethyst sparkle with the gold trim is both cheap looking and hideous and the snowy night makes me gag ever time I see it. The rest are just too boring to talk about. Bring on more dazzling and tasteful colors such as tectonic blue, ghostwood, ghostpepper, sunburst, or charging green. Even better a color that changes in the light such as plumpkin. I do like the new shortscale colors however. That pink is hot and how can you go wrong with red? You can do much better Musicman team. Hopefully there are mid summer new colors coming that have some real thought put behind them instead of this collection of lackluster mishmash. The prices went up so if they want my money for another bass this year they best also up there game on color selection.
    Last edited by GlennZen; 01-28-2021 at 02:10 PM.

User Info Menu

I was/am really hopeful for something new, like another bass getting the 'special' treatment or a new model. Colors are cool and all but it's not enough to get me to pay for another bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarcMurder View Post
    I was/am really hopeful for something new, like another bass getting the 'special' treatment or a new model. Colors are cool and all but it's not enough to get me to pay for another bass.
    Same. I would love a Sterling Special 5 HH