Cliff Williams

Thread: Need to start saving

User Info Menu

Need to start saving

Anderton’s in the UK have released the pricing on the new stingray specials and ouch

Snowy Night is £2999 which comes in around $4006
    Black is £2749 which is around $3672

I hope we’re not getting worked over due to brexit

I have a spare kidney, one careful owner, some slight use damage but in good working order ;-)
    Bongo 5 - Sapphire black
    Bongo 4 Fretless - Black

User Info Menu

Prices include 20% VAT, right?
    Classic Sabre "Natural" born 4/23/2014
    20th Anniversary Stingray 5 HH "California Sunset" born 5/10/2007
    Stingray H "Redwood" born 8/6/2008
    Stingray 5 HS "Dargie Delight" born 2/28/2007
    Classic Stingray 5 "Vintage White" born 5/17/2010
    SUB 5 "Graphite" born 4/1/2005
    Stingray 5 H LF "Black" born 4/1/2003
    Stingray H "Orange Firemist" born 1/28/2009
    SUB 1 H "Graphite" born 1/27/2005
    GK Fusion 550 & Neo 212 II
    GK MB150E & MBX
    GK MB112 II & 112MBP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by njhammer View Post
    Prices include 20% VAT, right?
    Yes. Last year the Specials were around £2000 - £2200 so it’s a hefty increase. Looking at Guitar Center they’ve only gone up $200 or so in the US.

User Info Menu

I had to send a pair of shoes back a few weeks ago and there was a delay and lots of extra hoops to jump through due to brexit so it could be that. If the cost of all instruments goes up from all the manufacturers that will point to that being the cause. If it’s just EB then there must be something else as to why UK customers are taking a hit. I hope it’s just a bit of uncertainty and the price is just a place holder on the website. Would really hope it’s not UK customers being taken advantage of.
    Bongo 5 - Sapphire black
    Bongo 4 Fretless - Black

User Info Menu

Folks PLEASE be careful comparing US dollar prices and prices in other countries. It's really not useful or helpful.

In the US, EBMM supplies directly to the stores with no middle man, and the prices you see are exclusive of sales tax.

In UK or Europe or elsewhere in the world, there are additional costs which pile up; international freight costs, import duty and customs costs, distributor costs and their markup (which includes the cost of longer legal warranties than exist in the US), then store markup, then ~20% VAT/sales tax is applied on top of all that.

And yes, Brexit will make things more expensive as there are now trade tariffs applied, until there is a free-trade deal between US and UK to replace the EU-US deal that the UK left.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    And yes, Brexit will make things more expensive as there are now trade tariffs applied, until there is a free-trade deal between US and UK to replace the EU-US deal that the UK left.
    There's no EU-US trade deal. Guitar imports into the EU are subject to a tariff which is higher than the tariff now applied by the UK.
    Last edited by Pineweasel; 01-21-2021 at 10:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pineweasel View Post
    There's no EU-US trade deal. Guitar imports into the EU are subject to a tariff which is higher than the tariff now applied by the UK.
    It doesn't make much sense with import duty now slightly lower and the Pound at a higher rate against the Dollar than it has been for a few years. I hope Andertons have got the prices wrong and they get adjusted before the new basses start arriving in stock as I can't see there being much of a demand at the current advertised prices.