JP 20th Anniversary
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: StingRay saddle height screws angled

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    StingRay saddle height screws angled

    Hello! I see that the screws on my 4-string StingRay are “angled” instead of being perpendicular to the body. Is this normal? If so, is this due to the intonation screws length/angle?

    Thanks!!

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Have you got a photo? Is it possible the intonation screws have got bent ?

    StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005.LE
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

    https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Have you got a photo? Is it possible the intonation screws have got bent ?
    StingRay saddle height screws angled-image-jpg

    Here’s a photo I just took. Hopefully you can see the screws angled “forward”. Is this normal? Are the intonation screws causing this or is this normal? Thanks!!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by adiaz7531 View Post
    StingRay saddle height screws angled-image-jpg

    Here’s a photo I just took. Hopefully you can see the screws angled “forward”. Is this normal? Are the intonation screws causing this or is this normal? Thanks!!
    Completely normal. What is happening is that the entire bridge piece is angled with respect to the body, as they pivot from the back of the bridge. Every bridge designed this way works like this. The bridge saddles do not pivot on the intonation adjustment screw, so when they get raised, the intonation adjustment screw and height screws pivot with it.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Completely normal. What is happening is that the entire bridge piece is angled with respect to the body, as they pivot from the back of the bridge. Every bridge designed this way works like this. The bridge saddles do not pivot on the intonation adjustment screw, so when they get raised, the intonation adjustment screw and height screws pivot with it.
    Thanks for verifying this!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums