Volt Power Supply

Thread: Bongo 6 Bass Neck Won't Adjust

User Info Menu

Bongo 6 Bass Neck Won't Adjust

Greetings

I have a Bongo 6 HS. In "Deep Purple". Love the bass - but that wheel won't turn. Thus I have too much forward bow.

What makes it more difficult is that the size of the wheel is smaller than the one used on my 5 strings. That makes the hole in it smaller and I can't use as strong a tool.

I am using the strings that came with it. I am looking for strings with less tension.

Is there a fix for the neck issue?

Thanks

- Ziggy -

User Info Menu

Hmm, the wheel is smaller? I was pretty sure that they used the same size wheel on all of their basses.

Anyway, graphite is your friend. I had this same issue when I got a new stingray 5 bass. The wheel would not turn. I even broke a screwdriver off in it. So, instead of tightening it, I loosened it, and put graphite on both sides of the nylon washer that is between the nut and the neck.

After that adjustments were smooth sailing. You can also loosen the strings a bit to make it easier for the wheel to work.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

And don’t try doing adjustment at full tension. Back off all the tuners about 2 or 3 turns. I realize this is a bit more tedious than adjusting while in normal tuning, but you get used to it and then the job goes faster.

On some basses I put a fender washer between the OEM teflon washer and the neck wood. It makes things smoother.
    EB SUB SL4 - SR4p FL [x3]
    Early EB SR4 defretted
    SR4HH FL [Moses neck]
    SL4p FL [x2] - SL4HS FL
    SL4HS FL [Moses neck]
    SR5HS alnico - SR5p FL [x2]
    Bongo4Hp FL [x2]

"Too many basses is never enuf"

Golem is NOT engaging in social networks.