JP 20th Anniversary

Thread: Stingray fake sold as Original

User Info Menu

Stingray fake sold as Original

I came across the other day an at on offerup a pawn shop that sold a left handed stingray. 1000 dollar got me interested so I went to check it out it has the original head decals front and back but the hardware is clearly some olp product. I ask in another forum and they also saw it's a fake. I am now annoyed that someone that don't know might buy it as a Musicman stingray for 1000 dollar and later find out that he got tricked.
    Pawn shop is in south central ,LA , western/exposition
    I send the guy that I had contact with all the info that it is fake but he still try to sell it.

User Info Menu

These MIC fake instruments are a pet peeve of mine.
    The former owner of the shop where I used to teach guitar lessons got tricked by someone who sold the shop a Les Paul Custom that turned out to be fake. People say we should support mom n pop, brick and mortar guitar shops, and then someone rips one off like this. These small shops cannot take a hit like that.
    Bongo fretless in firemist purple
    September 2020 BFR Bongo 5 string in satin honey burst
    2006 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    2015 Axis Super Sport semi hollow in honey burst
    Y2D PDN
    JP16
    2016 Reflex HH hard tail piezo with Game Changer

User Info Menu

Pawn shops are shady AF. And it's gotten so much worse since they found the internet. I wouldn't expect your average pawn shop operator to care if he's ripping someone off. Hooray, earthlings.