Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Dropped an Air Zone in my Axis...

User Info Menu

Dropped an Air Zone in my Axis...

Holy ****!!!! This pup is perfect in the bridge position!!! Not too hot, with plenty of mids and bottom end. It defiently is the perfect "hot rodded PAF " tone IMO.

User Info Menu

How does it compare to the original pickup? Brighter, fatter, hotter, more note separation, less note separation, more jangly, less jangly etc?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurS
    How does it compare to the original pickup? Brighter, fatter, hotter, more note separation, less note separation, more jangly, less jangly etc?
    It's not nearly as hot as the stock pup, that's for sure. It's alot fatter/darker as well.

User Info Menu

Cool! Glad you found the right pickup for your ear.

Personally I'm really digging the bright-ish tone of the Axis bridge pickup. It's not an ice pick or anything, but it's punchy and cuts through very well.
    Dan.
    EB/MM crackwood addict

My band, GPF
    My gear

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dan desy

Personally I'm really digging the bright-ish tone of the Axis bridge pickup. It's not an ice pick or anything, but it's punchy and cuts through very well.

Me too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AmpliFIRE
    It's not nearly as hot as the stock pup, that's for sure. It's alot fatter/darker as well.
    Sounds very attractive! Does it cut as well as the original or is it a bit more subdued in a mix? Any chance you could post some clips?

I have a love/hate relationship with my Axis bridge pickup. Absolutely love it for high-gain and effects-laden conditions, but am not so thrilled in a more 'straight into a Marshall' with early VH/GnR levels of gain.

User Info Menu

I run mine straight into my dsl 50 and it sounds great for VH. I have an overdrive pedal coming to try too.