The Vault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESP project:FINISHED!!!!Pics!!!

User Info Menu

ESP project:FINISHED!!!!Pics!!!

I thought some here would enjoy some before and after pics of my Mirage Custom overhaul. This guitar was purchased at the '86-'87 Namm convention and was part of ESP's launch into production not just custom shop guitars. This guitar has been my main guitar since purchasing it (Every gig and every recording has been this guitar) so decieding to strip and redo some things on this guitar was a pretty major decision and I knew that I would never be selling it and it would be a better player with some changes, so I went for it.

Here are the changes:

Stripped the finish
    Stained and clear coated the entire guitar
    Custom cut the pickguard
    Went with Duel Humbuckers(Tone Zone (bridge),Humbucker from Hell (neck)
    Petrucci pickup select switch
    Schaller locking tuners(I can change strings in five minutes as opposed to twenty before)
    Relocated volume and tone controls
    Had my daughter sign it with her hand print on the back

I hope you enjoy these pics, it was a labor of love for me. Take care,

Robert

before(not my pic so no comments about the couch or carpet )

After

Here's the Family

User Info Menu

Nice work!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Killer! I really like it. Love the handprint too- that's a really sweet touch.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words now I have a hard time grabbing for a guitar, too many choices

User Info Menu

Very nice!

I know the feeling exactly. A year ago I just did a complete overhaul on an '87 Charvel Model 6. I took quite a while, new paint job, pickups, trem, everything, so I know how you feel when it's done! Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaxadam
    Very nice!

I know the feeling exactly. A year ago I just did a complete overhaul on an '87 Charvel Model 6. I took quite a while, new paint job, pickups, trem, everything, so I know how you feel when it's done! Congratulations!

Sounds cool do you have pics? I've found some people just don't understand doing something like this and you get the "Why don't you just get a guitar that fits your needs instead of ruining a perfectly good guitar " and that kind of comment has been abit annoying simply because this guitar just needed some updates to completely fit the bill for me but you get the purists that think it's sacrilege and I say screw'em

-Robert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphireskiss
    Sounds cool do you have pics? I've found some people just don't understand doing something like this and you get the "Why don't you just get a guitar that fits your needs instead of ruining a perfectly good guitar " and that kind of comment has been abit annoying simply because this guitar just needed some updates to completely fit the bill for me but you get the purists that think it's sacrilege and I say screw'em

-Robert
    I had a really good time with mine. It wasn't in the best of condition, so I went ahead and did it. I've got another guitar I'm going to do the same thing with this winter. It's and old Fender Squire that looks like the Ibanez S series. I don't have many good pics with me of the Charvel where I'm at, but it looks pretty neat!

User Info Menu

Mind if I hijack?

Here's one I recently did - this guitar used to be cherry sunburst, but was in a flood, so I did what I could!

Sorry - no before pics.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Both of those look cool, awesome job!!! Norrin is that your daughter(she's a cutie?)here's mine (sorry for the small pic)

User Info Menu

Yeah that's my little girl. Yours is pretty cute too!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Thanks Bro,

-Robert

User Info Menu

We'll have to start a thread of kids with guitar pics. I have two boys, and some cool pics. There's one of my one son where he looks just like Satch. He wasn't looking when I took the pic and he's making the hot potatoe face.

I have an all mahog guitar that I reshaped the neck and oiled the neck. It looks really nice. When i get around to it, I want to do the same to the body.

Al

User Info Menu

Where did you get the Petrucci pick up switch?

User Info Menu

Dave,

They can be ordered from EBMM (I've done this) or DiMarzio...they're about 30 bucks...
    Congress is the opposite of Progress.

User Info Menu

Thanks J. I didn't know that.