VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: See JP's hybrid Silo/JP (Sitrucci) starting Aug. 29

User Info Menu

See JP's hybrid Silo/JP (Sitrucci) starting Aug. 29

If you didn't know already, Dream Theater's last show from their 20th Anniversary Tour will be going on sale in August. You can see the "Sitrucci" in action for about half the concert.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1298556
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Can' wait!

User Info Menu

gold news for all. has anyone got a copy of Guitar One, june edition( i think )? I mentioned in another thread that theres a pic of John with the Sitrucci, or something that looks like it.
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

You might want to correct that to Siltrucci...get the L in there otherwise some numbnut is going to think you're jawing about some new ergonomic sitting device!

I don't distinctly remember it being used for half the show...but i do remember it being used on some more mellow tunes...like the unreleased Raise the Knife and part of 6DOIT....and some tunes in the CT show a few nights before...
    Congress is the opposite of Progress.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeChannel
    You might want to correct that to Siltrucci...get the L in there otherwise some numbnut is going to think you're jawing about some new ergonomic sitting device!

I don't distinctly remember it being used for half the show...but i do remember it being used on some more mellow tunes...like the unreleased Raise the Knife and part of 6DOIT....and some tunes in the CT show a few nights before...
    IIRC he used it on Raise the Knife and every song after that. I could be wrong, though.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

That's great news!!! I cant wait to RELIVE the experience . And yes he did use the Sitrucci A LOT. Seems like they did a great job putting the DVD together.
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

I'm psyched. I didn't get a chance to see them this time - they didn't go any farther south than Ohio in the eastern half of the country this time out. God I miss Boston/NYC.

Those of you who went, did the maple topped Pet, or "Siltrucci" sound different?

Tighter mid-range punch maybe?. I'm thinking the difference would be like the difference between a maple topped LP and a LP studio - the maple adds more punch and definition to the notes IMO.

I really hope these go to production - I'm due for another guitar - I can only successfully spend about $2000 per year on gear before my wife starts giving me looks .

I've already decided my next guitar will be one with a nice flame top and 24 frets. If this guitar goes to production it will knock PRS off the top of my list in a heartbeat. Fingers crossed.

>^..^<
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

'04 EBMM JP6 LE2 Envy Green
    '04 Martin D-15

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the DVD. I was at the show. Yeah, JP used it for a few tunes but not half the show. And I really hope this "Siltrucci" tag doesn't stick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CudBucket
    Can't wait for the DVD. I was at the show. Yeah, JP used it for a few tunes but not half the show. And I really hope this "Siltrucci" tag doesn't stick.
    The best cure for that is for EBMM to put out this guitar and give it another name.

User Info Menu

"And I really hope this "Siltrucci" tag doesn't stick."

hahahaha.

amazing.