Straps 2020
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: diff types of john petrucci guitars

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Exclamation diff types of john petrucci guitars

    i was wondering if there are different models of the jp for ernie ball. not like seven/six strings but like i just bought a jp with piezo. and the first fret doesnt' have that wierd fret mark. its just a little circle. is there anything different other than that

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Piezo/non-piezo option. And then there's the custom fretboard markers. The new Pets are coming with a D-Sonic pickup. Another option is a matching headstock.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Hmm..

    I believe the normal options on the Petrucci are:

    1) 6 string or 7 string

    2) plain or matching headstock

    3) dot or JP 'shield' fretboard inlays

    4) piezo

    5) certain finishes cost more (Pearl Redburst and Mystic Dream)

    This is not considering any Limited Edition models that Music Man offers for a short period.

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB
    Hmm..

    I believe the normal options on the Petrucci are:

    1) 6 string or 7 string

    2) plain or matching headstock

    3) dot or JP 'shield' fretboard inlays

    4) piezo

    5) certain finishes cost more (Pearl Redburst and Mystic Dream)

    This is not considering any Limited Edition models that Music Man offers for a short period.

    Those are all the options for the JP guitar.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo
    Those are all the options for the JP guitar.
    unless your initials are JP

    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    unless your initials are JP
    I don't think your average Joe Petersen can lay his hands on that baby right now.
    Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Signature
    fully loaded 6-string
    Mystic Dream
    Date of birth: 6/15/05

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvesang
    I don't think your average Joe Petersen can lay his hands on that baby right now.
    ...But we are hopeful that somewhere in EBMM towers, there is a to-do list on someone's desk which has on it:-

    'Things to do tomorrow - Put the Sitrucci into production'. Eh? eh? eh?????
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bungo
    ...But we are hopeful that somewhere in EBMM towers, there is a to-do list on someone's desk which has on it:-

    'Things to do tomorrow - Put the Sitrucci into production'. Eh? eh? eh?????
    I think we all agree how amazing that would be... with the exception of my bank account.
    Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Signature
    fully loaded 6-string
    Mystic Dream
    Date of birth: 6/15/05

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Hey all, I have some pics of the JP with the d-sonic in it...will post later on. I promise.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

    A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

    "Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    What pickups are on the Sitrucci? How did it get it's name?

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by acwild
    What pickups are on the Sitrucci? How did it get it's name?
    I believe the pickups are the same as the 20th anniversary Silo.

    The name Sitrucci is the unofficial nickname for it around this forum, being a hybrid of a Silo and a Petrucci, hence - Sitrucci.
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Thanks!

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    I have a D-Sonic in mine, looks and sounds totally bad ass.

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero
    I have a D-Sonic in mine, looks and sounds totally bad ass.
    I'm thinking about getting one too. How did the sound change from the stock p/u?

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bungo
    I believe the pickups are the same as the 20th anniversary Silo.

    The name Sitrucci is the unofficial nickname for it around this forum, being a hybrid of a Silo and a Petrucci, hence - Sitrucci.
    Yeah. Unofficial. Forumer kneeoh came up with that when we were riding in his car somewhere. I was just the one who started using the name on here.

    People have used "Sitrucci" and "Siltrucci." So, for those of you that hate the name, well...I doubt it will be called anything like that. I just don't know of a faster way to refer to the guitar that reflects its construction. One could say "Maple JP" or some such thing, but that doesn't really get at the hybridization with the Silo 20th Ann. guitar. It just sounds like it's made of maple or has a maple top, but that's really incomplete. "Maple JP" or something like that doesn't really say anything about the super secret tone block that EBMM put into the 20th. Ann. Silo. and this guitar.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums