Strap Blocks

Thread: Petrucci neck thru?

User Info Menu

Petrucci neck thru?

Ok i'm new so sorry if I'm rehashing. Saw the mahogany neck thru
    Petrucci prototype. WOW!!! Is this still in development or not gonna happen?

User Info Menu

I think it was just an idea that never happened.
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150

User Info Menu

you never know though, maybe one day?? looked mighty good though
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

Oh man it looks great. Classy and bad a** at the same time.
    Could have justified ( at least in my mind!) buying one too. Never had a short scale neck thru, would be very interesting. To bad it never came to be.

Are there any pics of the finished guitar anywhere?

User Info Menu

I don't think it was ever finished. Sterling Ball may be able to comment, if he has an interest in doing so.

More likely than that project is the hybrid between his signature guitar and the 20th Anniversary Silhouette. That guitar has been shown many times on this forum. I'll see if I can find it easily and post the link.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16649

Scroll down to about the 5th post for a picture of JP with the guitar I described in my previous post.
    Last edited by roburado; 07-23-2006 at 04:36 PM.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Here's the story behind the guitar: http://www.ernieball.com/forums/show...hlight=torture

Again, here's a picture of the hybrid JP/20th Anniversary Silhouette. It's not the neck-through, but it's still pretty fantastic.
    Last edited by roburado; 07-23-2006 at 04:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Looks amazing.
    Neck thru would be the killer for me.
    Guess I'll go on the hope list

User Info Menu

There was a neck thru with a maple top on the Petrucci (Prototype only) and I, along with others, got to see and hold an uncomplete model. At the Q&A at the Open House, we were told that it was put on hold and would not be done at the time. I don't know about the Sitrucci or the one pictured, but from what I was told, it was a killer axe and might be something to look forward to. Other than that, the one available at this time is the one we have to have. And that is not a bad thing.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

No complaints, my new Petrucci has been and will continue to
    get alot of play time.

User Info Menu

One of the things about this forum is that we will show you a lot of stuff that may or may not see the light of day...currently the sound he was looking for ended up not being neck throu but the combo of Maple Alder and the secret mahoghany tone plug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa
    One of the things about this forum is that we will show you a lot of stuff that may or may not see the light of day...currently the sound he was looking for ended up not being neck throu but the combo of Maple Alder and the secret mahoghany tone plug
    As awsome as you (and the current reviews) make this wood combo sound, I bet it will be tough to keep that recipe limited to just the 20th anniv SiLOs for production models.
    Ernie Ball Musicman Silhouette
    Still the original
    Still the best
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette19 Bongo 6 Fretless BFR Double neck

User Info Menu

Understood. I guess it's easy to forget these things are done for a purpose, ie;
    helping an artist like Mr Petrucci find the tone in his head. Lots of intresting stuff
    here !

Think it is great that you patrcipate here. btw

User Info Menu

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but man... if that guitar goes into production, I'm on it like white on rice.