Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa
    Spoken like a professional Moderator..Welcome and stick around!
    Thanks Big Poppa! I'll be around. I got a fever...and the only prescription...MORE BALLS!!! Pro moderator..<shudder>

I've met you a time or two at namm, always a pleasure, thanks for taking the time to say Hi.

Now.....LE Luke...Where's the pics???
    Currently sans EBMM

Curious Eye Myspace

PDGW

Wink My 2006 Ltd Edition, can't find any info about it

Hi All

Resurrecting this post as it's the only one I can find regarding the guitar i've just had the pleasure of purchasing. Paid top $$$ for it however I think it's well worth it.

Does anyone know about this Ltd edition range, what was special about it, how many made etc?

Mines in Black, gold hardware, plays like a dream, original ltd edition case and some case candy still - i'm chuffed as wanted a Luke for years.

Pics attached :-)

Si
    Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)-l1600-5-jpg
    Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)-l1600-4-jpg
    Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)-l1600-2-jpg
    Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)-l1600-jpg
    Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)-l1600-1-jpg

Great 1st post! Welcome to the forum, Si!

These limited editions ran from 2004 to 2008. It was a limited edition paintjob on what were otherwise standard guitars.

In 2004 there was Envy green and Radiance red, both had black headstocks and gold lettering. Envy Green had a blue abalone pickguard on models with a pickguard, Radiance Red had either a black ice or white pearl pickguard (I don't recall). Radiance Red later became a standard color option.

2005 was Buttercream with matching headstock and red lettering, including a limited edition logo on the back of the body just under the neck plate, and tortoise shell pickguard.

2006 was black with matching headstock, gold hardware and gold lettering with a similar logo under the neckplate.

2007 was a reissue of Blue Dawn sparkle burst, matching headstock and a 2007 inlay at the 12th fret, and black pearl pickguard.

2008 was sequoia gold, a dark brown burst with a faint gold sparkle, matching headstock with the year inlaid at the 12th fret, gold hardware and black pickguard.

After that the limited edition runs were stopped as the BFR (Ball Family Reserve models) were launched instead. A few years after that we saw the Premier Dealer Network (PDN) guitars take the place of the Limited Edition runs. But both the BFR and PDN guitar frequently offered something different about the guitar other than the color, e.g. different neck or body wood, stainless steel frets, that kind of thing.
    Last edited by DrKev; 05-05-2018 at 04:50 AM.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Nice conrgats, enjoy it I know you will.

Remember to add you pictures to the Luke thread.

Post pics of your Luke!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Hi Kev

Many thanks for that, the most info i've found so far so appreciate it :-)

Si

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice conrgats, enjoy it I know you will.

Remember to add you pictures to the Luke thread.

Post pics of your Luke!

Glenn |B)
    Thanks GW - will add some pics now

Congrats , MadSi! Enjoy playing that beauty!

The resurrection of this thread is a blast from the past - several forumites from whom I have not seen posts in a while. I hope everyone is well and picking.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

I dont suppose anyone knows how much the 2006 Ltd edition originally retailed for do they? Loving playing it but taking a bit of getting used to compared to my strat and les paul!

What is it? It's really not based on what they sold for then, more what they are selling for now. Check Reverb and EvilBay to get an idea of pricing.

You can't list in the For Sale thread yet, you haven't posted or been here long enough unfortunately.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

What is it? It's really not based on what they sold for then, more what they are selling for now. Check Reverb and EvilBay to get an idea of pricing.

You can't list in the For Sale thread yet, you haven't posted or been here long enough unfortunately.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)
    Lol you missed my post above, i've just bought a 2006 LII Ltd Edition, i'm not selling. Was more interested in how much it was when they came out thats all.

Si

Quote Originally Posted by MadSi View Post
    Lol you missed my post above, i've just bought a 2006 LII Ltd Edition, i'm not selling. Was more interested in how much it was when they came out thats all.

Si
    Sorry man I was rushing this morning, the one from Reverb? Pricing from that far back, highly doubtful, but you might get a member that bought that might remember.

You gotta post a NGD thread man!!!

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Sorry man I was rushing this morning, the one from Reverb? Pricing from that far back, highly doubtful, but you might get a member that bought that might remember.

You gotta post a NGD thread man!!!

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    Nah not reverb, got it from a shop in the UK. What's an NGD thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MadSi View Post
    Nah not reverb, got it from a shop in the UK. What's an NGD thread?
    Oh cool, did you get it for a good price?

When you create a thread and introduce your new guitar with pictures and if there is a story with it you lay it out for all to behold.

Glenn |B)