Music Man Modern Classics
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)

Wink Limited Edition 2006~ Black Luke (spontaneous purchase)

Well guess what!,... I ended up today, after a long morning studio session in San Jose, going by Guitar Center just to pick up a few accessories before driving back to Monterey...

Well... Always expecting the unexpected...with no plans of making a big purchase whatsoever ...I walked out of Guitar Center with a Black~Limited Edition 2006 with Gold Hardware & matching headstock Luke...

When I played Keith's Luke when he was in Monterey last, I was jealous because his particular sparkly blue-burst Luke had very little of a V shape to it... In fact, it's much more of a rounded C shape. This new black one I just bought is quite similar.. it has just a hint of a V...

Though I like the pronounced V shape on my original Luke very much ... it ended up causing my small hand to cramp up badly... I'm not sure why, but I had to accept the fact that it did this and couldn't play it for more then a set.

I played this new Luke for about two hours straight before I made my decision, and there wasn't a hint of cramping. I will even go so far as to say, that though it still plays great like my first one, it feels like a somewhat different version...:

Anyhow.... how's that Stevie Wonder song go "Overjoyed"... da da da...
    Last edited by Lucidology; 08-26-2006 at 12:40 AM.
    "The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"

sweet! congrats!!!

the 06 LE Luke i played at the SF GC floored me! amazing guitar!

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
    great buy dude, the Luke is one awesome guitar, i've been playing mine all day, it really makes an impression!!!!!!!
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

Congrats, Lucid! May it serve you well.

Beauty!
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
    pics lucid......or else
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

Congrats Lucid! You know, I had the exact same hand-cramping problem with my Luke as you described, which resulted in my changing over to an Axis... I'll have to try a newer Luke, too...

news to me that the contour has been changed..........
    tommy in delaware
    (renegade redneck hillbilly geetar player )
    life 's what happens while your busy makin plans
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyalderson/

Quote Originally Posted by phatduckk
    sweet! congrats!!!

the 06 LE Luke i played at the SF GC floored me! amazing guitar!
    Yeah I've played that one too! Truely a great guitar!

Now if I could only try a JP6 and a HSH Silhouette... then i could decide which one I'll buy after selling my Ibanez... (anyone needs one by the way? :P)
    -= Prog Metal ain't Satan's Music, I was married to Satan, and she listenned to Hip-Hop. =-

!!Here is where you will NOT find the gear I have, had or dreamed of having.!!

Good snag, dude. I was able to play a LE Luke at a GC in Sherman Oaks, CA, this past week. Nice guitar! While it didn't quite fit my hands the way I thought it would, I really liked the quiet single coil EMGs, and the humbucker was nice and high-gain. They also had, on the wall, a 20th Silo, a rosewood neck Axis SS and a LE JP6P. So what you read before about GC stocking EBMMs is true.
    Life is good in Fractal Garden.

I wish I had your guys luck. I went to the Guitar Center in Country Club Hills, and the one in Burbank. Nothing. Two stores with no balls.

Just got my Luke july 3 and it has a definite V to the neck----I'm sure there are small differences in various necks from hand finishing-----but I would assume the necks are CNC'ed then hand finished---so the differences would be very slight.
    2007 JP6 Sapphire Black,piezo,matching,dots
    Which EBMM is next?........

.....I fell into a burnin' Ring Of Fire...and it burns, burns, burns.......

Quote Originally Posted by tommyindelaware
    news to me that the contour has been changed..........
    I played a few of Kbaim's Luke's and there was only one that felt comfortable to me. I mean, I NOTICED a difference. As much as I like the sound of the Luke, I never thought of getting one due to the V neck as I don't like that....but again, there was one I played that was noticeably different.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

PICS! (please )
    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

Silhouette HSH
    Ernie Ball Strings

Thanks everyone... if I can conjure up some pics soon I will... the gold hardware sure gives the Luke a certain "tres chic" quality...

There is (was) still a regular Luke at the San Jose Guitar. plus a Rosewood Axis SS (wow, now that's one hell of a great guitar) and a beautiful 20th cherry-burst Silo there if anyone who happens to be in the area is interested.

I played the regular Luke they had right next to the LE 2006 Luke... and it simply had a more pronounced V... to prove to myself I wasn't imagining this, I asked at least three different sale guys to play 'em both and see if they felt (noticed) a physical difference in the back of the neck's profile... and they all re-soundly did...

They sand down the Luke's neck by hand right... othewise how could this be..?? And Tommy's right, I must be crazy .... and if I'm nuts, then way cool... my head trip just reeled in a new Luke I can play without cramping up...

Keith (Kbalm) first turned me on to the fact that the neck profiles varied a bit from Luke to Luke... and he's a sane guy right?
    Last edited by Lucidology; 08-27-2006 at 02:54 PM.
    "The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"