Straps 2020
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Translucent Purple Axis

User Info Menu

Unhappy Translucent Purple Axis

Hey, all you ernie ball experts out there, I need your opinion here. I just bought this purple axis on e-bay and upon opening the package, I noticed a crack on the back of the neck, just below the headstock. I will include a pic for all to see. I was just wondering, if you think there is any possible chance that this crack could have occured in shipping. The guitar was shipped in a G & C hard shell case, and then in a cardboard box, and then wrapped in shipping paper. Does anyone even think that it is even possible to get this kind of crack at that location on the neck, even it was dropped by UPS in transit? I tend to think it is not possible. Does anyone have any opinions? I think the guitar had to have been hit really hard at the headstock or maybe adjusted too much at the two adjustment allen screws. The seller says that she did not know of any crack on the neck, and she can't be sure that I did not damage it. And so I have this big battle going on. I don't know how it will turn out, but I don't even feel confident on tunning this puppy. I'm afraid that this guitar will snap under tension. It may not break initially, but I don't even want to take that chance. This is really bumming me out, as this is my first axis, and I was looking forward to receiving this guitar from the seller. The s/n is
    G08881. I know this thread is long, but do you think there is anyway to fix this crack? How much would it cost? Thanks for all your help.

User Info Menu

Have u tried getting in touch with customer services. They are realy cool.

Jonny
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

User Info Menu

i have seen a few Axis and EVH's with that same crack.. my evh has something like that but more invisible, just a little line...

PD: Does the costumer service can repair that kind of crack?

i know that they cant make EVH's necks.. but, the axis neck wouldnt fit on the pocket.. so how can it be done?
    Last edited by LivinItUp; 09-21-2006 at 05:51 AM.
    1992 EB Music Man EVH Sunburst

1986 Carvin V220 - White

She owns it!!

User Info Menu

I'm no expert, but that can't be good. The crack even goes way up the side of the headstock!
    If that was shipping damage, the case and package would have to show evidence of some serious impact to crack like that.

User Info Menu

Is it a matching headstock? If not, you could probably buy another neck from EB, but either the seller or UPS is responsible for sure, especially if it wasn't stated in the auction.

The artist formerly known as "radrock"
    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Unhappy

I have sent an e-mail to ernie ball customer service, but have not heard back yet. And yes, it is a matching headstock. The seller told me in an e-mail that since she included in her e-bay ad "sold as is", a refund is not justified.

User Info Menu

Unhappy

Here's is the link to the guitar on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260028272775 I find it very interesting that the area damaged is left out in her pictures.

User Info Menu

Link no worky.

But if it were me, I'd first call customer service and try and determine whether it's a cosmetic or a structural issue. I really can't tell what's going on from that pic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fender1984 View Post
    I have sent an e-mail to ernie ball customer service, but have not heard back yet. And yes, it is a matching headstock. The seller told me in an e-mail that since she included in her e-bay ad "sold as is", a refund is not justified.
    BUT if she did not disclose the guitar was damaged and you paid by paypal i would put in a complaint with PAYPAL and they WILL take care of it ,they will actually refund your money without her approval if she doesnt respond ,i have done it ,as is is as is if the problem is disclosed before the sale ,if she said it was nothing wrong with it and there was the "as is" is void because that is non disclosure and trickery!
    Lonney B

12/27/01 EB/MM "Albert Lee" SILVER SPARKLEw/Matching Headstock HARDTAIL (1 of 1)

User Info Menu

Matching headstock or not, I believe EB will replace a neck on anything other than an EVH. They just need the old one in return.

Can't stress enough though, call customer service once you figure out what the seller will do for you if anything.

Good luck...
    Play Ball!!

User Info Menu

Man, this is what scares me about testing the waters of Da Bay.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

I am sure you could have it repaired, probably much cheaper than a new neck.

I must be pretty lucky with the two axes I have bought off eBay!
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150

User Info Menu

so costumer service can repair that kinda thing?
    1992 EB Music Man EVH Sunburst

1986 Carvin V220 - White

She owns it!!

User Info Menu

Sorry about that broken link. Please try this one. It works for me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

User Info Menu

This problem always happen with this type of nut fixation. And I saw not so much resistence in birdseye maple necks(since the suffering that the wood get during his "pure maple" age). Not about MM, cause I've never saw one with the Birdseye neck. but this crack looks like "something" on the screws. But it's a small crack, so IMO, it doesn't need a repair.
    Mental Ray aka MR4Y

Someone give me a MM Silhouette, please?

The most beaultiful Stingray 5 that I've ever seen, IMO