JP 20th Anniversary
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Axis SS neck dimensions

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Axis SS neck dimensions

    Does anyone have measurements of the Axis Super Sport neck dimensions? Things like width at nut and 12th fret, depth of neck at 1st and 12th fret, and back of neck contour shape would be most helpful.

    I've searched this forum, but haven't found this info.

    thanks in advance for any help on this,
    Dave

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    same as the evh and same as the axis.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    no.....the EVH was thinner in the heal area

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    My EVH feels much narrower on the whole to my Axi.
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

    https://twitter.com/timcaesar

    http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by davidp158 View Post
    Does anyone have measurements of the Axis Super Sport neck dimensions? Things like width at nut and 12th fret, depth of neck at 1st and 12th fret, and back of neck contour shape would be most helpful.
    Detailed specs on the neck measurements are not public knowledge, afaik. Basically you have a 1&5/8" nut and 25.5" scale, but I've never seen more specific measures, except the note that Dudley widened the EVH neck carve by 1/32nd of an inch at the body for the Axis design to help keep the high E on the fretboard when widdling at the dusty end...

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    There is one other published dimension. That's the width at the last fret, 2-3/16th" at the last fret. Neck dimensions here: http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/sp...ents_axis.html

    Not accusing you, davidp158, but it just sounds suspicious for someone to ask such specific questions about something like this.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    sorry a 32nd and i thought i was a stickler.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Thanks for the reply and link. BTW, there is nothing "suspicious" about my inquiring about such a common thing as neck dimensions. Look at web site for Anderson and Suhr guitars, and you'll see they provide these details on all their necks. Its a shame that Ernie Ball doesn't offer this info!

    Although playing is always the best way to get a feel for a neck shape, having dimensions to compare to other necks is helpful when you don't have a neck on hand. I have recently started to document the dimension of my guitars' necks, and its very revealing info.

    cheers,
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    There is one other published dimension. That's the width at the last fret, 2-3/16th" at the last fret. Neck dimensions here: http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/sp...ents_axis.html

    Not accusing you, davidp158, but it just sounds suspicious for someone to ask such specific questions about something like this.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by davidp158 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and link. BTW, there is nothing "suspicious" about my inquiring about such a common thing as neck dimensions. Look at web site for Anderson and Suhr guitars, and you'll see they provide these details on all their necks. Its a shame that Ernie Ball doesn't offer this info!

    Although playing is always the best way to get a feel for a neck shape, having dimensions to compare to other necks is helpful when you don't have a neck on hand. I have recently started to document the dimension of my guitars' necks, and its very revealing info.

    cheers,
    Dave
    Okay. Just wondering about the motivation.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Well, this is a forum where people exchange information. The motive behind my inquiry is just a quest for the info as stated. Sometimes, things are as simple as they seem.

    If anyone has the dimensions on the Axis neck profile (thickness at 1st & 12th frets), please post it.

    be well,
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    Okay. Just wondering about the motivation.

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    dont feel bad i had a luthier take the calipers and make me a neck for one of my non ebmm guitars that i still ike to play. it was my first guitar ever. so i like it but the neck was to wide and thin. its not exact to my evh and axis guitars but close. that kind of info is really private as far as ebmm is concerned(sp) but there are plenty of people that can make you necks and sell necks to your desire. just find a luthier or one of the aftermarket places. mine also dosent have a ebmm headstock like i said i just wanted the feel not to copy it. good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums