EB Tone Squad

Thread: Baritone ball

User Info Menu

Baritone ball

hey guys

does EBMM make a baritone guitar? i know petrucci uses one on the Octavarium album. is the guitar set up any different? or is it just slung with strings approprate for a baritone tuning ( B E A D G B). pretty much the the first 6 strings of a 7 string. would the construction of it be the same as any other 6 string?

cheers guys

User Info Menu

Isn't the Silo Bass a baritone?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Isn't the Silo Bass a baritone?

Glenn |B)
    Yes. That's what JP uses.

User Info Menu

Thanx for the backup Dave.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Ok, here's my thread over at the JP Forum... discussing exactly the same thing:

The JP Baritone? - John Petrucci Forums

User Info Menu

Yeah, the Silo 6 string bass is the baritone. It's not tuned like the first 6 strings out of a 7 string. It's set up like normal guitar tuning (EADGBE), but can be dropped down to whatever key you might want it in.
    SBMM Cutlass - Seafoam Green
    SBMM Cutlass - Antique White
    SBMM JV60T - Toluca Lake Blue
    EBMM Axis Sport - Glacier Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

It also has the factory setup option of an A-A tuning.
    Yay ME

Trans Purple EVH
    Gremlin Green Axis HH
    Trans Green Axis Sport HSS
    Mystic Dream Petrucci 6
    Emerald Green BFR JP Baritone
    20th A- Silo
    Dargie Delight Luke
    Lava Pearl Bongo 4 HH

User Info Menu

more info about the silo bass available at: http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/sp..._silhbass.html

this guitar/bass is FUN!!! my friend just got one and im jealous. its awesome. its hot something like 10 PUP combos.

check out switching info at:
    http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/te...uette_bass.gif

User Info Menu

They've got one of these at a local shop and I can't keep my hands off it - every time I'm in there I've got to play it a while... It's really cool - I'd pick it up if I had money instead of children...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi D View Post
    They've got one of these at a local shop and I can't keep my hands off it - every time I'm in there I've got to play it a while... It's really cool - I'd pick it up if I had money instead of children...
    Come on, one more post Jimi!
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi D View Post
    Guitars or Children?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I can wait another 5 years until the 3 teenagers are all over 18 . . .

Oh wait - College. Sh*t.

I guess I won't have money for at least another decade

Maybe I can get my grandchildren to buy me some EBMMs

I'll have to try a silo bass if I can find one.

>^..^<
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

'04 EBMM JP6 LE2 Envy Green
    '04 Martin D-15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TonyEVH5150 View Post
    Yeah, the Silo 6 string bass is the baritone. It's not tuned like the first 6 strings out of a 7 string. It's set up like normal guitar tuning (EADGBE), but can be dropped down to whatever key you might want it in.
    Its one of BP's favourite axes too!
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150