VPJr Tuner
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Probs With MM and Customer Service

User Info Menu

Probs With MM and Customer Service

I for one do not see what everyone is so psyched about with these guitars. I received my Music Man Luke in October after waiting for about 6 months- only to discover it had a twisted neck! Yay! Several emails, letters, and phone calls were made to Music Man and 'Big Poppa' - nothing. Sent the guitar back- nothing. Great- yeah ya gotta love this company. Lots of talk about 'quality control' and how Music Man would not make this kind of mistake. Well, about a month ago a package showed up on my doorstep- it was a Music Man bass- I never ordered a Music Man bass. They only discovered their error after I called them. The mighty and infalable are not so infalable after all. Oh yeah and when helping them sort out the bass mystery I asked them once again if there was anything at all they could do to help with the twisted neck situation- they decided - ummm no they would not help me after all. I should have just kept the bass..... this companies customer service sucks.
    P.S. A special thanks alot to customer service rep. Dan McPherson who refused to help me at all with my guitar problem!

User Info Menu

Ouch!........I know every one is entitled to a mistake but it doesnt sound like the Guy i talk to to Dan has gone beyond the call of duty ....and i have NEVER been refused anything ....sorry you feel this way about such a great company we know their not perfect but they do seem to care!
    i think maybe if u edit your post a bit ,you may actually find a cure for your problem, but to come off as strong as you have here ,your not going to be received very well
    Lonney B

12/27/01 EB/MM "Albert Lee" SILVER SPARKLEw/Matching Headstock HARDTAIL (1 of 1)

User Info Menu

I've dealt directly with Dan, as well as others here at EBMM, and they've always taken care of me.

Something here isn't smelling quite right.
    "That Bongo is the Abe Vigoda of basses."
    - BP

"Don't play it if you don't feel it."
    - James Jamerson

I am the Heidi Fleiss of bass owners!

~James~

User Info Menu

Let me get this straight - the factory ships right to your doorstep?

How do I arrange for that kind of service? Funny, I've always had to purchase mine through a dealer. You must be an endorsee then. My bad.
    Greg

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z EMS

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the guitar not being right but this sounds absolutely nothing like EBMM, and that's from a consumer/retailer/artist perspective.

I'll wait for BP to give his side of things.

but again, this sounds way out of character for the company that I've dealt with.
    "Top pros 15 - Talkbass 0"

User Info Menu

I find this story to be highly unlikely. I'm not saying that you are lying, but I have had nothing but positive customer service experiences from Ernie Ball, and especially from Dan. There must be some part of the equation that we are missing?

User Info Menu

Ill let this guy die on his own....Does this sound like us? If Dan wants to defend himself and tell his side I support that.....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

A bunch of crap. I've gotten responses in MINUTES when I had a question. How many other companies give you access to the big cheese by using a forum? None that I know of.
    GuitarTommy, you posted an hour ago...and look how many responses you've already gotten...if you asked nicely like a good boy you would have already had your issue solved, I am sure.

User Info Menu

I'll bet it's a one time post.
    Not really looking for help.
    Maybe doesn't even own a Music Man.
    Twisted neck, sound like an OLP to me!
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

I say the guitar was fine, it was GuitarTommy's neck that was twisted.

User Info Menu

I don't know about you guys, but GuitarTommy is going on my Buddy List right away!

the perhaps the Xmas list, too,

Jack

User Info Menu

I was getting ready to say (before BP showed up), he shows impeccable timing by posting his complaint when no one from the company can respond.

Will wait for Dan the Man to respond to this one.
    SBMM Cutlass - Seafoam Green
    SBMM Cutlass - Antique White
    SBMM JV60T - Toluca Lake Blue
    EBMM Axis Sport - Glacier Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Enough with the crazy people! Oy!
    -Ben

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but GuitarTommy is going on my Buddy List right away!

the perhaps the Xmas list, too,

Jack
    Ditto!!!!
    I wanted to email him, but unfortunately that function is turned off!
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

dot dot dot

. . .
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands