Axis Capo

Thread: EMG in John petrucci Majesty

User Info Menu

EMG in John petrucci Majesty

I'm about to purchase a Majesty, can anyone let me know if EMG pickups are compatible with this guitar? I just want to be sure I can get the pickups I want with it, thanks!

User Info Menu

Well, if nothing else I'd imagine you'd have to change the 500kΩ push-push tone and volume pots for 25kΩ pots for the EMGs, which is doable but could be challenging with the addition circuit boards inside the Majesty cavity. Whether the Game Changer switching system is specifically expecting 500kΩ pots, I would suggest giving EBMM customer service a call and asking them for advice. They are the best people to talk to.

Also, you are probably already aware that EMGs have square tabs that will need to be altered to fit the triangular tab rout for DiMarzio pickups, but even then, I have heard of EMGs being a slightly larger than some cavities for passive pickups.

I can't promise it'll be easy.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

I'm going to say highly unlikely. The Majesty uses the quick connect Dimarzio pickups that are considerably more rounded off than square. I had that issue trying to fit standard pickups into a JP15. I have a thread on this forum somewhere that has comparison pics.

Edit: Found it, JP 15 pickups