EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Good places top stay in NY

User Info Menu

Good places top stay in NY

My wife is going to the Bowery Ballrooms in NY for a show and was wondering if there are any good place near there to stay?

Thanx, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Downtown there is the Soho Grand and The Rivington(neither cheap).Most hotels are in midtown.What month?July and August are usually cheaper than June.Sept- year end are high season.
    '93 EBMM EVH
    97 EBMM Axis Sport
    '00 EBMM Axis Sport MM90
    '96 EBMM Silhouette Special
    97 Axis Sport SSS
    pics
    http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/axissport/

User Info Menu

The Crowne Plaza at 42nd street, near times squares and steps from the chrysler tower has some nice prices, like 150 a night and its really nice....clean, and nice people
    1992 EB Music Man EVH Sunburst

1986 Carvin V220 - White

She owns it!!

User Info Menu

I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis (on Time Square), and it is totally not worth the money. Plus the wait for elevators is huge, especially around the time the shows are starting and everyone is going to dinner.

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

but cool lifts when they do arrive!

We stayed at the Bryant Park hotel. Great location and nice hotel. not sure about prices though.
    EBMM Axis in Pacific Blue Burst
    EBMM JP6 2007LE in Blue Dawn FOR SALE
    EBMM Albert Lee HH in Coral Red

Find me on Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverburst View Post
    I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis (on Time Square), and it is totally not worth the money. Plus the wait for elevators is huge, especially around the time the shows are starting and everyone is going to dinner.
    Stayed there too, nice place.
    2007 BFR JP6 Bahama Blueburst
    2008 BFR JP6 Koa Tobacco Burst
    2014 Majesty Arctic Dream

User Info Menu

The Crowne Plaza near 49th or 50th is nice. Plus it's only a block or 2 from the Iridium where Les Paul plays every Monday evening!

User Info Menu

+1 on the Soho Grand. The Tribecca Grand is great too! Depends where you need to be streetwise (and pricewise).

User Info Menu

Well my wife thinks she's going to a show Wednesday here Bowery Ballroom it's at 6 Delancey At Bowery
    New York, NY 10001.

Thanx for all of your help. Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I hear Jimi Hazel's place is nice. It's open 24-7

User Info Menu

Glenn;

You might also check out the Radisson Empire. It's in a great location, just across from Lincoln Center, and a short walk down to 5th Ave. & Central Park, etc. In the same building on the ground floor is the Iridium Jazz Club, where Les Paul played every Monday night. It's an older hotel, but charming, and they have a great restaurant room for breakfast. Mid-priced, if I recall.

A much quieter area than, say, Times Square, which is a zoo.

It's not downtown, but just a cab ride to get there.

Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jongitarz View Post
    I hear Jimi Hazel's place is nice. It's open 24-7
    Hahahaha! Between guitars, gear, the wife and Taylor (the 3 year old), it is a beautiful place to stay! And YES, it is truly open 24-7!

User Info Menu

Holiday Inn
    MANHATTAN-DOWNTOWN/SOHO
    138 LAFAYETTE STREET

This one is walking distance from the Bowery Ballroom.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

I have stayed at the Milford Plaza. Just 2 blocks away from Times Square, and whilst the not best hotel in the world, it was reasonably priced.

As for Les Paul - you have to see him! This is me with Les in 2004.

Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150