Ernie Ball Cables
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: You and your MM LIVE!!!

User Info Menu

Here's a shot from Saturday night with the Gold Sparkle Majesty BFR and a St Vincent!

Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Here's a shot from Saturday night with the Gold Sparkle Majesty BFR and a St Vincent!
    Nice one, Pete!

Say - how do you decide which guitar to bring to a gig? Do you bring more than 2?
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Nice one, Pete!

Say - how do you decide which guitar to bring to a gig? Do you bring more than 2?
    Interesting question, thanks for asking! There is a method to the madness.

I always bring at least one guitar from the JP line, but typically bring two. If we are doing any drop D songs I will bring along either the 20th Anny Silo or a Dargie II Gold Roller. This means that sometimes I will have 3 guitars total, provided that the stage area is large enough and I feel like lugging another guitar around.

One band that I am in plays in standard tuning, while the second band is in E-flat. (Un?)fortunately since I often have rehearsals and gigs for both bands so close to one another it means at I need at least 4 JPs, dedicating two guitars fully set-up for each band.

Standard tuning w/ Yellow 9:
    #1 is the non-piezo JP with all rosewood neck & custom graphics. Playing/neck feel, overall weight, and lastly sound.
    #2 varies between a customized JPxi and the Gold Sparkle Majesty BFR.
    --I have been trying to limit the fretwear on the RW neck, they have been leveled/crowned a few times over the past 9 years and are getting pretty short. I wound up playing the Gold Majesty for the entire gig on Saturday, I couldn't put it down!

E-flat tuning w/ Headspace:
    #1 is currently an original Dargie Delight JP. The JPxi will be coming back to this spot (encouraged by Maddi), as it sounds gigantic in E-flat.
    #2 is a heavily modified SBMM Majesty in Sapphire Blue. At sketchy venues this is #1 and I'll bring a hardtail along, with no second JP.
    Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 06-12-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Pete- have you tried the Digitech Drop pedal for tuning down? I have one I use occasionally, if I'm using a floating trem setup and need to go to Eb (we do one set in Eb). Works like a charm, though you you can't get your guitar to feedback in the same way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Pete- have you tried the Digitech Drop pedal for tuning down? I have one I use occasionally, if I'm using a floating trem setup and need to go to Eb (we do one set in Eb). Works like a charm, though you you can't get your guitar to feedback in the same way.
    No, I'm one of those guys that keeps it as simple as possible and I generally don't run any effects pedals (the other guitarist has a few different pedal boards). I've got a tuner out in front, an FX toggle (for Lexicon Alex 1spc rack unit), amp channel switcher, and a toggle-switched volume pot in the FX loop (for rhythym cut/solo boost). I occasionally use a wah, but it has been acting up lately.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

A picture of my L3 from last Friday's gig.

User Info Menu

Great pic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    A picture of my L3 from last Friday's gig.

Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

One year ago precisely

You and your MM LIVE!!!-fete5-jpg
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/