Axis Capo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My International Interracial Guitar Family!

User Info Menu

My International Interracial Guitar Family!

Hola friends! I had one hell of a day and I didn't get to the what I got party in time (?) but was surprised to find the thread of what I got gone! No clue of what that was about, did someone piss in the sandbox? What did I miss? I'm allergic to drama, cats and dogs! Whatever! What I did get was a 20th Anni Silo that really rocks the knot! She smokes! Here she is:

I love great guitars! A while back, long before there were BFRs and preety maple topped EBMM guitfiddles, I wanted some "soul power" maple topped ladies so I ordered me a couple of Vigiers! Long story short: missing guitars posted a on milk carton can yield great results when your karma is correct! I'm now the proud father of a lovely international & interracial guitar family! Here's my rainbow coalition:

The French Babes:

The 3 Lovely Ladies:

Hopefully no feathers were ruffled by my sharing of good wood, most of us like wine, cheese & fries! Next, I will turn my attention towards getting an Albert Lee cause I need a MM90 loaded stunner! I will be a member of "Club Al" as I like to refer to it! I just have to figure how to sneak it in the house this year...... Pray 4 a brother........

User Info Menu

Awesome Jimi!!!

that 20th is gorgeous!!!!!

now we just need to get Rick to order up a 20th SR5 (he does dabble on 5s from time to time right?)

(sweet Vigiers as well)
    "Top pros 15 - Talkbass 0"

User Info Menu

wow you got a great neck on the 20th!
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

I like the 20th, whats that significance of the tricolors?
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

User Info Menu

GASP...are those EMG's in your Black Silo? tis blasphemic.

That is one effing sweet colection you have there.
    Jp6 BFR Rosewood- Orange Firemist
    DDII Silo Special

User Info Menu

well done King

first time to see a Vigier in this color as well, they are sweet
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyaxe View Post
    GASP...are those EMG's in your Black Silo? tis blasphemic.

That is one effing sweet colection you have there.
    Not so fast my friend... NorM will probably be along sometime soon to back up Jimi. He has EMG's in his #1 Blue Dawn Silo. Sounds killer. Think outside the box.
    Play Ball!!

User Info Menu

Great collection, Jimi. Congrats on the 20th. Beautiful top. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I enjoy playing mine.

Scott

User Info Menu

Jimi, EXCELLENT my friend!!!! I love the 20th too man!!!! That neck and top are just out of this world.

Congrats. Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Jimi admit it...the silo neck is nicer....

User Info Menu

Congrats, Jimi! Great collection!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Hey Jimi....Ill piss in the sand box anytime I want and VIgiers are ok becasue Patrice is the best and a really close friend of mine. The torture went on too long and there was another party who could have fxed it. I also posted a warning several hours that we needed to see something.

No drama just respect for the loyalists.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I like the 20th, whats that significance of the tricolors?
    Hey Colin! The 20th does rock, indeed! The tricolors on the Vigiers are the colors of the Pan-African flag:
    Red: the blood that unites all people of African ancestry, and shed for liberation.
    Black: black people whose existence as a nation, though not a nation-state, is affirmed by the existence of the flag.
    Green: the abundant natural wealth of Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyaxe View Post
    GASP...are those EMG's in your Black Silo? tis blasphemic. That is one effing sweet colection you have there.
    Thanks,kma! There are EMG's in all the Silos except for the 20th. They are heavenly! You have to make your guitars sound like you want them to sound and the EMG's offer a wonderful sonic blast! And when I'm feeling organic, I have alternate guards loaded with non active pickups! Choices, my brother, choices!

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Jimi, EXCELLENT my friend!!!! I love the 20th too man!!!! That neck and top are just out of this world. Congrats. Glenn |B)
    Thanks Glenn! The guitar is pure butta and YES, I'm loving it! I hope maybe one day we'll see something similar woodwise with pickup options cause a SSH set up in that body would be a dream come true!

User Info Menu

Bfrs......the skys the limit ...oh wait our production us the limit....DAMN.....

patience grasshopper
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
    Great collection, Jimi. Congrats on the 20th. Beautiful top. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I enjoy playing mine.
    Scott
    Thanks, Scott! I'm having a hard time putting her down cause she feels so good!

Quote Originally Posted by lock-ny View Post
    Jimi admit it...the silo neck is nicer....
    Hey Lock! The Silo neck is in a class by itself! I won't compare the necks because they are truly two different ladies! Ya can't compare a brunette to a redhead!

Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    Congrats, Jimi! Great collection!
    Thanks Roburado!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Hey Jimi....Ill piss in the sand box anytime I want and VIgiers are ok becasue Patrice is the best and a really close friend of mine. The torture went on too long and there was another party who could have fxed it. I also posted a warning several hours that we needed to see something.
    No drama just respect for the loyalists.
    Like I said, I missed whatever happened yesterday! Sorry I missed the deadline for showing, I hope no one had any medical emergencies while waiting!. It's your sandbox and you can piss untill your bladder is empty! It's a new day, let's move on! Yeah, Patrice is a real good dude and he has serious love for you. I'm just honored to have guitars that are truly in a class by themselves. And once again I have to say that the 20th Silo is hands down the best..... WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG??? Both you and Derek deserve to slap me.....