Axis Capo
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello! New member and first MM

User Info Menu

Hello! New member and first MM

Hi all!
    I'm Volker from Germany
    Just registered this week to this forum because I scored a MM Silo on Ebay and got it this week. It plays, sounds and looks fantastic. Only in terms of sustain and pinch harmonics it doesn't reach my les Paul.
    Since I can't imagine a guitar forum that isn't keen on pics, without further ado here they are:

User Info Menu

Isn't here back beautiful?

User Info Menu

Volker,

Welcome to the forum! Congratulation on your first EBMM!!!!
    It's beautiful.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Volker,

first, let me say welcome to the forum. think you have chosen wisely in buying the Silhouette - it most definitely rocks the knot!

and, second - those pics are awesome! definitely diggin' the color and wood combination.

cheers, eh!

Joel
    Fan of:
    Beer
    Barbecue
    Dr Z Amps
    EBMM Guitars
    Lizard Leg Effects

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar! I wish I could find one like that, but they seem to have disappeared around here over the past several years. I seldom see any EBMM's for sale here, especially Silo's like that.

Congrats!
    -Pundix

User Info Menu

Nice one!

User Info Menu

Welcome!
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150

User Info Menu

Very nice! Welcome! That's a fantastic looking Silo.

Obviously, the Seymour Duncan bridge pickup is not stock. Do you know if the other ones are the stock pickups?
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum. That may be the nicest Silo I've seen. I'm looking to pick up a Silo next.

User Info Menu

Thanks to all for the warm welcome....

to MN246:
    I replaced the bridge pickup it's a SD distortion. But it wasn't stock before. The neck one isn't stock neiter, maybe a SD jeff beck. I don't know what the middle bickup is. Although it's a songel coil it has 4 wires.
    Maybe I'll put a SD 59 in the neck position which I can split with a push pull poti.

to Pundix:
    I'm sure if you keep on looking on Ebay you'll find a nice one.

to JMB27:
    Yeah, I dig the color and the wood, too. Looks nice when standing next to my Les Paul which has a color not too different:
    Last edited by V_S; 07-07-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

Sweet silo!

Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer - Satin Black
    Custom Explorer - White

Saving for the perfect Silo

Vox AD50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sub1 Zero View Post

Sweet silo!
    Sweet cat. It's yours?

User Info Menu

If you are so inclined, I highly recommend putting in Virtual PAFs in your guitar. The Silo comes with those now. My 20th Anniversary Silo has Virtual PAF in the neck and Virtual PAF Hot in the bridge position. I think they do pinch harmonics pretty nicely.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Great Silo mate.

Such great guitars...........Silos fuggin rock.
    EBMM's :
    2010 BFR JP6 - Bahama Blue (#4 of 50)
    2009 BFR JP6 - Dargie II
    2009 BFR JP6 - Cherry Burst (NAMM)
    2009 JP6 - Dargie II (NAMM)
    2009 BFR Rosewood Luke - White Pearl
    2007 BFR JP6 - Bahama Blue Burst (MHS)
    2007 20th Ann. Silhouette - Prem Quilt / Piezo / Hardtail
    2007 20th Ann. Silhouette - Prem Quilt / Hardtail
    2004 Silhouette Hardtail - White / Rosewood
    2002 JP6 - Silver Sparkle
    1995 EVH - Trans Blue Quilt (NOS)

User Info Menu

I have the direct comparison: SD distortion in my LP and in my Silo. And it's much easier with the LP.
    Quote Originally Posted by roburado View Post
    If you are so inclined, I highly recommend putting in Virtual PAFs in your guitar. The Silo comes with those now. My 20th Anniversary Silo has Virtual PAF in the neck and Virtual PAF Hot in the bridge position. I think they do pinch harmonics pretty nicely.