Axis Capo
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90

Thread: BP Response to thread on sevenstring.com

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    BP Response to thread on sevenstring.com

    Hey guys,

    I just was forwarded a 7 page thread on Sevenstring.com that was very critical of our tops for the BFR's. It went in to the Fanboy tired rap and that we are elitist.

    Three posters post here. Jeffrey used the top queston to rip us that is fine. Jaxadam ripped us as did Karl Hungus.....The funny part is that there is a thread on our forum at the same time where these guys are complimenting the tops shown.

    I would like all of you (except for one) to be more comfortable here and will not attempt to defend any of this other than to tell you that the tops have been very nice. Even Jeffrey might agree. Our problem is that they are hard to photograph and it makes us look like we are cheapin out. Have you seen a bad photo from Pete? Trust me we send everybody the same quality. If I was going to drop our standards I would have shipped a thousand of these instead of 100. Why would we wait to fill orders if we were just going to toss them out?

    Here is the positive that I take from the bashing over there. We are going to photograph each and every BFR prior to it leaving the factory. There will be a thread here where they will be posted along with the dealers destination. If you are interested in that BFR then you will know where to find it...if you dont like it then it will save you time and effort.

    PS the allegations of deletions was not true. Remember if the original poster decides to delete the first post the thread goes away.

    This internet world is really hard with words on a screen and bad digital cameras......

    Have you heard or talked to a end user that is unhappy with thier top?

    Please guys who get it dont post a defense, it just gives the whole fanboy fire.

    If you want to post a photo of you top go for it

    To those on the seven string forum that said we have slipped in quality I really hate to hear that because we have so many people at the factory that really care about the stuff we make. If you have an instrument that you feel is less than years past let me fix it.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Big Poppa; 08-21-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

    Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    BP,

    I'm very sorry that you feel you have to go to these lengths to defend the BFR's.
    I gots me two of them and the tops are spectacular.

    I just really thinks this sucks big time!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    *sigh*
    It's all about the bass!

    My Stuff:
    2007 Bongo: Candy red, abalone, HHp - My number one!
    Ampeg SVT8-Pro
    Avatar B210 & B410
    Little Mark II Custom 1x12 Combo

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    It doesnt suck it is ok. I need to communicate better.

    Our job would be easier if more dealers posted here. OUr job would be easier if dealers took the time to shoot the guitars properly How easy would it be for Drum City Guitar Land to post...." Hey guys we have a crummy camera and dont know how to shoot them, we are really happy with these BFR's" Drum City is a great dealer but they didnt help us with poor pictures and while trying to defend the integrity of the product the whole thing blows up.

    I hope that the photographing by us will help clear it up.
    Last edited by Big Poppa; 08-21-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

    Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I hope that the photographing by us will help clear it up.
    id assume its got to. each guitar will have an "official" picture. sure other pics will exist but people will have access to a set of photos that were taken the "right way".

    + its a recipe for a thread loaded w/ seriously rad guitar porn

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Just what I need BP-a steady flurry of sexy axes for me to lust after and concoct schemes to hide the purchase(s) from the "council"...sheesh!
    Canada loves Balls!
    A Member of the "Rosewood Brotherhood"

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    [QUOTE=Big Poppa;404622]It doesnt suck it is ok. I need to communicate better.

    [QUOTE]

    You need to communicate better??!!!!!!

    You are the most attentive guitar maker out there. Name one other maker who puts hmself out there and makes himself as available to his customers as you do.
    No one even comes a close second.

    I still find this whole BFR top-thing unbelieveable. I think I'll go ram my head into the wall now to make the world make sense again.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Here is the positive that I take from the bashing over there. We are going to photograph each and every BFR prior to it leaving the factory. There will be a thread here where they will be posted along with the dealers destination. If you are interested in that BFR then you will know where to find it...if you dont like it then it will save you time and effort.
    This is a fantastic idea! I've never heard of any other non-boutique company doing this, but it does seem like an ideal solution given the constraints involved in wood supplies and such. I'm not saying that to kiss ass, I swear.

    There will always be naysayers no matter what you do. The best you can do is use what you can and ignore what you can't.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    So you will take photos of the ones someone has ordered? or just the ones that stores put in their inventory? or both?

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    BP,
    You don't even need to spend the time defending your BFR's. People have opinions and always will, YOU know you make quality instruments. I enjoy the hell out of them!
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by uvacom View Post
    This is a fantastic idea! I've never heard of any other non-boutique company doing this, but it does seem like an ideal solution given the constraints involved in wood supplies and such. I'm not saying that to kiss ass, I swear.

    +1 Sweeeeeeeeet. Looking forward to all the delicious guitar porn to be had...

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Dargie just called me fired up. He is in the trenches every day both in the factory and on the phone and email with dealers. Not one complaint or return from a dealer. Not one complaint or return from a consumer. We are swamped with re orders.

    We are being so picky that we are driving our wood suppliers nuts and they seel to the other big name makers........

    Some wont believe it and have never seen one in person but choose to judge us from a bad outdoor photo......What can we do?

    These photos will be each and every one. We have no idea if they will already be sold.

    Guys Im just trying to explain this thing.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

    Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Dargie just called me fired up. He is in the trenches every day both in the factory and on the phone and email with dealers. Not one complaint or return from a dealer. Not one complaint or return from a consumer. We are swamped with re orders.

    We are being so picky that we are driving our wood suppliers nuts and they seel to the other big name makers........

    Some wont believe it and have never seen one in person but choose to judge us from a bad outdoor photo......What can we do?

    These photos will be each and every one. We have no idea if they will already be sold.

    Guys Im just trying to explain this thing.

    thanks for taking the time...
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Talking

    I'd just hire some goons to hunt down the bashers and punch them in the throat.

    "BASHER, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" *punch*

    Whoever said violence didn't solve anything must have been on the receiving end.

    <--- note the smiley implies a joke.

    I think the guitars speak for themselves, but let the dumb sevenstrings.com boys have their cake and eat it too. They should also watch their throats.

    *shakes fist ominously*
    Last edited by TimSz; 08-21-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Grievous contradiction rectified!

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy-jengas View Post
    I'd just hire some goons to hunt down the bashers and punch them in the throat.

    "BASHER, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" *punch*

    Whoever said violence didn't solve anything must have been on the receiving end.



    I think the guitars speak for themselves, but let the dumb sevenstrings.com boys have their cake and eat it too. They should also watch their throats.

    *shakes fist ominously*

    wow, you are angry tonight! and for once it's not because I brought up the lefty Petr..............nothing.
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums