Not electric until you plug it in

Thread: Modded tuner buttons

User Info Menu

Modded tuner buttons

I noticed some people have modded the stock tuner buttons on their tuning machines. (Both King Hazel!'s Silos currently on the For Sale Thread have the pearloid buttons, and they look pretty cool!). I am considering doing this. I think the pearloid and ebony might look cool on a couple of my guitars, a Silo Special and a Morse, maybe even my 20th Silo, (although the chrome looks great).
    Schaller makes the replacement buttons in small and large sizes. Does anyone know if it's the smaller buttons or the larger buttons that fit the standard Schaller M6-IND ? Or will either size work? I think the EVH and Axis, (and JP) use the smaller ones but I am not sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

applemacintosh Guest
    I can't shed much light on the size difference - I'm after the same info as you are, however...

I wrote a post a while ago about wanting to swap my pearloid ASS buttons for standard chrome ones. Just never been a huge fan of the pearloid look.

If anyone's after pearloid buttons to swap for their standard chrome ones let me know!

They are the locking M6 ones...

Mike (applemacintoshuser@mac.com)

User Info Menu

The buttons are the large ones I believe. You can purchase replacement ones at Stewart Macdonald: Schaller Replacement Tuner Knobs at Stewart-MacDonald

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meenahga View Post
    I noticed some people have modded the stock tuner buttons on their tuning machines. (Both King Hazel!'s Silos currently on the For Sale Thread have the pearloid buttons, and they look pretty cool!). I am considering doing this. I think the pearloid and ebony might look cool on a couple of my guitars, a Silo Special and a Morse, maybe even my 20th Silo, (although the chrome looks great).
    Schaller makes the replacement buttons in small and large sizes. Does anyone know if it's the smaller buttons or the larger buttons that fit the standard Schaller M6-IND ? Or will either size work? I think the EVH and Axis, (and JP) use the smaller ones but I am not sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
    PM sent!