Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Steve Lukather playing a Cutlass

User Info Menu

Steve Lukather playing a Cutlass

Hello,
    i recently saw a few pictures of Luke,taken from recent appereances on stage, where he is playing a sunburst HSS Cutlass...is there something we don't know?Maybe the Luke Signature Model being discontinued?

User Info Menu

Actually, EBMM recently teased a new model in the Luke series "coming soon." (Luke was playing it in a recent installment of EB's String Theory which featured him.) As to the Cutlass, I'm guessing he was just enjoying playing another great guitar?
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

I think some pictures surfaced earlier this year of Luke playing a Cutlass. Like jones4tone said, we have been teased with a new Luke series coming soon, the Luke line is very popular, don't see it going anywhere
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

An updated Luke will be hitting next year! He also really likes the Cutlass (and especially the single coils) so that is the reason he rocks it sometimes.
    "Scott Moreno"

User Info Menu

You mean like this? From Ringo gig in Santa Fe last month. He played it often, mostly on the rockabilly stuff (e.g., "What Goes On"), which fit much better than the Luke III he played the rest of the night.

He also played bass when Hamish Stuart was singing his AWB tunes. A Fender Musicmaster, of all things. Luke apparently doesn't dig the bass thing all that much--looked like someone told him to eat his broccoli or stay after school...

Joe

Steve Lukather playing a Cutlass-img_6423-jpgSteve Lukather playing a Cutlass-img_6423-jpg
    Silhouette (2007), Sunburst
    25th Anniversary Hardtail (2009)
    Axis Super Sport MM90 (2009), Sunburst
    AL HH (2011), Black

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dariothery View Post
    Hello,
    i recently saw a few pictures of Luke,taken from recent appereances on stage, where he is playing a sunburst HSS Cutlass...is there something we don't know?Maybe the Luke Signature Model being discontinued?
    The Luke III is here to stay! New models coming in 2020, so keep an eye on our social media channels for any updates.

User Info Menu

I know that lighting make these things difficult to judge but is that a rosewood baord with regular maple neck? Is that a 2017 Cutlass?
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Sorry about the photo quality—digital zoom and stage lighting. Yes, HSS Cutlass with rosewood board. Don’t know the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    I know that lighting make these things difficult to judge but is that a rosewood baord with regular maple neck? Is that a 2017 Cutlass?
    Silhouette (2007), Sunburst
    25th Anniversary Hardtail (2009)
    Axis Super Sport MM90 (2009), Sunburst
    AL HH (2011), Black

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The Luke III is here to stay! New models coming in 2020, so keep an eye on our social media channels for any updates.
    Cannot wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk