Ready to Roar
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my little Tom - MIRACLE DAY!!!!!

User Info Menu

Update on my little Tom - MIRACLE DAY!!!!!

Whatever you guys all over the world conjured up it sure worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the story. We got a follow up call in the middle of the night saying the transplant would take place at 7am, but when we got there they said there was a delay, and it would be later, no explanation. Then we were told the liver they were going to use is now being used on someone else, and instead we were getting a BETTER one that just became available, the previous one was coming from an adult and would have to be cut down for Tom, but the new one came from a 2 year old, which is sad, but it meant MUCH easier operation, the new liver coming from a child would slot right in, which is exactly what happened. The operation took 11 hours, and we got updates every 2 hours from the transplant co-ordinator, every time we got the phone call with the update it was good news every time, the whole thing happened with no complications at all, smooth sailing all the way!!!!!! Just amazing, we are both stunned actually, the despair of previous days had totally drained us emotionally. We spent the day going for a long walk - didnt want to drive in case we had an accident!!!! Went for a nice lunch, which was uneasy obviously, hard to enjoy lunch when you know your boy's life is in the balance, but you gotta eat. We bought some books and sat in the waiting room for the remaining 7 hours, but it went by pretty easily i gotta say, we werent stressed about it, and we kept saying how both us just had a positive feeling that it would be totally fine, even though we knew the risks. What were the odds of two livers coming and being able to choose between them!?!??!!? Must have been all you guys putting in the extra work!!!!

Now we have a tough few weeks waiting to see if his body accepts the liver, but the surgeons were very optimistic, they said it looks very good indeed already. I just know Tom is meant to be my special guy, he is a wonder and is so brave and tough, he is the best. I'm so tired, its almost 1am here and ive been up since 2am yesterday, i have to sleep, will update in this thread later, sorry to start yet another thread

Thanks to all, we love everyone here!

Rob and Belinda
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Merry Christmas Tom!!

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

That sounds like a x-mas miracle as well .... great news !!!! thanks for update !
    GOOD NIGHT Rob !

'91 MM EVH transl. blue
    '96 Luke I pearl blue
    '01 Luke II white sparkle
    '04 Sterling lava pearl
    '04 AL graphite pearl
    '06 Silo 20th anniversary
    '07 DD Bongo HH ... 1 of 13 !

http://www.northguitars.de

User Info Menu

Awesome Rob! I'm extremely happy for you three!!

User Info Menu

That is awesome news,I'm truly touched and inspired by your boy's appetite for the fight,he was born to play balls! amazing!
    Komp
    Silhouette bass guitar (Blue dawn/Maple)
    Stingray 2EQ (Black/Rosewood)
    USA SUB Bass (Teal/Rosewood)

My music pages
    http://www.simonatkinsonandthefoundr...pprentice.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/thefallofevemusic/
    https://www.facebook.com/Slider-Ayrs...8254238294536/

User Info Menu

Sounds good so far - will keep the good vibes coming and will say a word at the festive table on Christmas day.
    I hope that this Christmas starts a new stage of Tom's life.
    Now go get him a cricket bat to thrash the POMS ha!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

DOnt apologize about starting new threads...looks like Tom has a new thread!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Great News!
    Congrats.

User Info Menu

Great to hear Rob, good things happen to good people, nice Christmas gift one that counts

User Info Menu

Wow, you made my eyes leak a little!

Merry Christmas to you guys, and we'll keep up the good thoughts and prayers!

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

wow i feel so happy for you congratulations!
    My Balls

Candy Apple Red Bongo 5 HHp

Crimson Red Stingray 30th Anniversary

Pearl Redburst John Petrucci 7 Piezo

User Info Menu

YAY! That is incredible news!!
    PUNKmag on facebook

My Balls:

• FULLY LOADED AESTHETIC GOD JP6 MYSTIC DREAM - G37536 - BORN 17 OCTOBER 2007
    • NO NONSENSE RIP YA FACE OFF RADIANCE RED LUKE G35457 23rd APRIL 2007
    • A FRESH SET OF ERNIE BALL SUPER SLINKYS 9-42

User Info Menu

Rob,
    GREAT NEWS!!! We'll be sure to continue to keep your family in our prayers...

fred
    Play Ball!!

User Info Menu

Fantastic news Rob, what a great gift to little Tom, Belinda and yourself. I felt choked reading your post to my Wife. All the best to you guys, I'm sure it will make your Christmas really special. Here's hoping for positive things for you all in the New Year, we will raise a glass to you.
    Kev

Its amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit

25th Anniversary Quilt maple

Mesa Boogie DC3
    Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic Combo
    TC Electronic G System

User Info Menu

EXCELLENT news Rob! Congrats, and please do keep us posted. We're still all wishing your family our best!

Mike
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)