2020 StingRay Special colors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dream EBMM Guitar Design...

User Info Menu

Your Dream EBMM Guitar Design...

I had this idea for a thread; which spawned from my recent G.A.S. I did a search for a thread like this one and didn't find anything. I did find a thread titled "If Money Was No Problem" but I believe this one is unique enough as to not be labeled a copy.

If the guys at EBMM asked you what you wanted them to design, what would it be? Is it something they already have? Maybe something totally original? My design would be as follows:

Take a Y2d in purple sunset and a standard bridge/tail-piece. You know. just a standard Y2d; now take the slanted single coil out of a Standard Morse model and put one of the Y2d purple covers on it. Also do the standard Morse switching. IOW, a Y2d with the slanted single coil and standard Mose switching.

Anyone else have anything they'd like to design?
    - Butch Snyder

User Info Menu

I'd like a standard hard-tail Morse in Radiance Red with a black hardware and pickguard (easy so far) but I'd have three coil-tap humbuckers (bridge/middle/neck) and some fancy switching to allow for combos of hums or singles.

Then a 22 fret ebony fingerboard with the 'ping-pong ball' type inlays that the old Kramer Nightswan had (showing my age now) and a reverse EBMM headstock.

EBMM Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset Quilt with Hardtail and matching headstock
    EBMM Steve Morse Y2D D-Purpleburst Flame with Floyd and matching headstock

User Info Menu

just a regular old jp6, in white. they actually did make it just for me because money wasnt an issue. i used to want it with a mahogany/maple combo so...
    Db||----------AhGpG---------||
    Ab||--------W-------O-------||
    E ||------L-----------N-----||
    B ||----U---------------E---||
    Gb||--A-------------------R-||
    Db||P----------------------!||

User Info Menu

An ASS with 3 MM90s.

User Info Menu

here is a shock, a left handed Petrucci! woohoo!
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

User Info Menu

I want a hybrid AL/PET combi.

Basically an AL with JP floating bridge and 3 way piezo/mags switch

The PET bridge is the best bridge ever; bar none.
    dannyMUSIC...mashing guitars since 1972

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leftyguitarblue View Post
    here is a shock, a left handed Petrucci! woohoo!
    I CONCUR!

What *I* would do though, just because I have my wicked reasons; is that I would throw in two PAF Pros instead of the D-Sonic and that other pickup the JP6 uses. I like the look, the feel, but think the pickups not quite what this guy is looking for. Also, just because I'm a pimp, I'd get gold hardware and pole pieces for the pickups on a white body. I'd give the option of hardtail or the JP tremolo because both have their place. Then I'd be a happy camper. Actually, screw camping. I'd be at home playing guitar!
    Last edited by TimSz; 03-27-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Incomplete thought is now complete.

User Info Menu

Pacific Blue Burst Axis with matching headstock.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

I'd love a Axis SS in Pacific Blue Burst, rosewood fingerboard, non trem with pickups from Luke.

Don't think I'll ever get that on order.

Paul

2007 Luke in Radiance Red (awesome)

User Info Menu

My "dream" EBMM exists: BFR Luke in Emerald Green.

Ok...just to get into the spirit of this thread...take the Emerald Green BFR Luke and throw in piezo, and make the bridge pickup do the split-coil thing. And, because I'm a sucker for appearances, add some cool fretboard marker inlays, like the sharks on some of the Perry Ormbsy guitars (dolphins will do instead if the shark inlay design is copyright of Ormsby Guitars...they probably are ).

Edit: forgot to specify...quilt top please!! When can I expect delivery?
    Last edited by DavidOfOz; 03-28-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    David
    www.audiograffiti.com.au

Ruby Burst BFR Luke
    Dargie Delight Luke Fully Loaded (1 of 5)
    PDN True Gold Luke
    Dargie Delight II lined fretless Stingray 5 (with piezo)
    Roasted Maple/Black Sugar Stingray 5

Lovingly cared for by Guitars and Things
    Two Lukes and a Stingray courtesy of Colin at Guitar Planet

User Info Menu

Wow. This is going to take a while to explain lol.

First off, body shape somewhere between a Luke and a Petrucci. A bit smaller, really smoothed out, reminiscent of the Ibanez Joe Satriani, but different. Hard to explain. Lots of access to the upper frets. Two humbuckers, possibly DiMarzio Tone Zone in bridge, Air Norton in neck. Silver pickup rings around them. The bridge is floating like the Petrucci bridge, but with the look of the standard Music Man bridge. The arm has no tip like a Petrucci. Pickup switcher is located on the lower horn like the EVH. The toggle switches from Neck to Neck&Bridge and then to bridge. Volume pot, push-pull for coil- tapping. Another volume pot for piezo, no Tone knobs. Well, except for the piezo, which is in the usual place. The piezo switch is on the upper horn like the Petrucci, or it could be where the pickup selector would normally be on an ASS for example, not sure what would work better. The pickups would be half white, half black, or all black, or all white, depending on the color. The knobs would be the "bell" knobs like on Strats or other Music Man guitars or those chrome knobs, not sure what would look cooler.

The neck would be a bit thicker than a Petrucci, 24 frets, with either standard dot inlays or "square" inlays like on some Gibsons. Not sure what would look better. The neck would be painted the same color of the body, with the inspiration coming from JP's Dargie BFR or the Bongo. Or it could just be the brown like on the Axis BFR KOA neck, which just had me drooling, if I want the neck to be Mahogany. Inlay color is silver, tuning key color is abalone or pearloid or whatever it's called. Also some kind of binding like on Les Pauls, the color would depend on the color of the guitar.

I don't know, there are just so many things to consider when fantasizing about your perfect guitar haha.

The woods- not really sure. Maybe an Ash body, Maple Top, Mahogany Tone Block, Maple Neck, Rosewood fretboard. Don't know how that would work out. Maybe a Mahogany neck, I have no clue.

EDIT: Lol I forgot to put Chrome hardware, but maybe Gold for certain colors. Just think white with gold hardware, or Translucent Blue with gold hardware. Oh yeah baby.

And also, perhaps a passive piezo system because it won't require batteries (if it's possible).
    Last edited by DaPatrooch; 03-27-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    JP6 (Graphite Pearl)- fully loaded Born 5/8/08
    SUB1 (Blue)- HH, hardtail Born 5/17/04
    Ernie Ball Wah
    RPS Super Slinkys

User Info Menu

- JP 7 string BFR style
    - mahogany body
    - flamed maple top tobacco burst
    - ebony fretboard
    - (3) coil cut humbuckers
    - piezo
    - midi-capable
    - JP trem
    - cigarette holder
    -A bird does not ask, “Is my song pretty?”

User Info Menu

A poplar silo would open my wallet. If they brought back the SUB I'd really flip, and it'd be sweet if they make them with silo special contours, but no forearm cut... I'd buy one, for sure.

I have a dream, that James Hetfield leaves ESP someday, and somehow stumbles into Poppa and conjures up an EBMM Explorer-type guitar. This would be the greatest thing that's ever happened in my life... well, not really, but I'd buy one or three. Can anyone else imagine this?
    Last edited by Sub1 Zero; 03-27-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer - Satin Black
    Custom Explorer - White

Saving for the perfect Silo

Vox AD50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sub1 Zero View Post
    I have a dream, that James Hetfield leaves ESP someday, and somehow stumbles into Poppa and conjures up an EBMM Explorer-type guitar. This would be the greatest thing that's ever happened in my life... well, not really, but I'd buy one or three. Can anyone else imagine this?
    Eh, don't really dig the Explorer shape, and I don't really see that happening lol
    JP6 (Graphite Pearl)- fully loaded Born 5/8/08
    SUB1 (Blue)- HH, hardtail Born 5/17/04
    Ernie Ball Wah
    RPS Super Slinkys

User Info Menu

The Axis. Classic guitar design, right there with the Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Paul, 335, SG, etc..
    Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Rich Robinson, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, Peter Buck, Eddie Van Halen.

Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Teles: Deluxe, Custom, Highway One, Special, Pink Paisley Strat, Epiphone Les Pauls, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG Special Faded, OLP MM1s and more.

Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VL-A, Music Man HD150 212 and more.

Effects: Vox ToneLab SE and more.