Everlast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I order a EBMM from Italy?

User Info Menu

How do I order a EBMM from Italy?

Hi guys.
    Yesterday I had a job offer that I think I'll accept, since I need to get a new amp.
    But after getting the amp (probably a mesa boogie roadster+4x12 recto cab) I'm sure I'll want to buy another JP, and I'm in love with the BFR tobacco quilt, probably 7 string, since I already have a JP 6 string.
    But since here in Italy it's very difficult to find music man guitars, it's going to be impossible to find a BFR tobacco quilt 7 string, so since everybody here seems to have had their guitars built on pourpose, I would like to know if it's possible to do the same thing from Italy, or if I need to find a EBMM dealer here and have them make the order for me, or if (the worst option) not being in the US I can't order a guitar and I just have to accept what they have in the store.
    Thanks to anybody who will reply!
    And rock on!
    Music Man John Petrucci Limited Edition 2006
    Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

User Info Menu

You need to find your local dealer and order through them. Customer Service can help you find a distributor and probably a dealer. If you don't know who your dealer is, I would e-mail Customer Service to find one.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

You will need to find an EBMM dealer in Italy to make the order for you. CS could probably give you a list of dealers in your area.... D'oh... beaten to the punch by roburado!
    James

JP6 (Black Sparkle)
    JP6 (Mystic Dream)
    JP7 (Blue Dawn)
    Steve Morse (dark Blueburst)
    Silo Spec. (Pearl Purple)
    BFR JP6 (Bahama Blue Burst)
    Albert Lee (Carbon Blue Pearl)
    25th Anniversary (Venetian Redburst)
    Axis (Lavender Pearl)
    BFR JP6 (Dargie Delight 2)
    Y2D (D-Purpleburst)
    JPX (Black Sugar)
    HH AL (Eldorado Gold)
    JPXI (Onyx)
    Dark Lord Morse
    LIII (Olive Gold)

Proud member of the ALOC and SMOC

User Info Menu

I think where I bought my jp is an EBMM dealer, but when I bought mine I asked if I could have one with piezo, and they said that they didn't have any and didn't know when they would, so I assumed it wasn't possible to order one.
    I'll call them and ask then.
    And how does it work?
    I mean, do I pay off immediately, or do I put down a sum of money and they pay the rest?
    and will this cost more than buying one they already have in store?
    thanks

User Info Menu

by the way, as I checked my local dealer's web site (at least I thinks it's a dealer, I need to check) I saw that on the 19th of May there's a Steve Lukather clinic
    So at least I know where I'll be on the 19th of May

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phazer View Post
    I think where I bought my jp is an EBMM dealer, but when I bought mine I asked if I could have one with piezo, and they said that they didn't have any and didn't know when they would, so I assumed it wasn't possible to order one.
    I'll call them and ask then.
    And how does it work?
    I mean, do I pay off immediately, or do I put down a sum of money and they pay the rest?
    and will this cost more than buying one they already have in store?
    thanks
    The way it works here in the U.S. is like this. I e-mail Pete DuBaldo, and I tell him I would like to order a guitar. I tell him what I want to order. For example, I could say, "Pete, I would like to order a Luke with piezo in Egyptian Smoke." Then, I call him or his brother Nick with my credit card number. Then, he charges me a few hundred dollars for a deposit. Then, a few months later, Pete sends me an e-mail saying my guitar is about to ship from EBMM. Then, I call him with the credit card number to pay the balance that I owe. Then, the guitar ships from EBMM and arrives at DuBaldo Music Center. Then, a little more than one week later, the guitar arrives at my door.

I suppose that I could also pay Pete or Nick the full amount at the beginning. I imagine that it depends on the dealer. Your dealer may require that. I don't know.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

most dealers will want a deposit up front on special orders

there are probably some italian dealers here on the forum. if they are smart they will pm you with an offer

MrM
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

eb customer support:
    E-mail: musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

User Info Menu

thanks to everyone who has replyed.
    anyway, the first thing is the amp, I already have a great great guitar

User Info Menu

Hey Phaser,

Our distributor in Italy is Mogar Music, and they should have a list of dealers in your area who carry Music Man instruments. They can be reached at:

Mogar Music
    tel: +39 (0) 293 5961
    Mogar Music S.p.A.

I hope you find the guitar you want very soon! If they don't have it in stock, they can certainly order one for you.

All the best,
    Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Thanks Beth.
    So as I thought, the store where I bought my firts JP is an official dealer, cool!
    Now I just need the 3.869 €
    Last edited by Phazer; 04-17-2008 at 11:09 AM.

User Info Menu

The 7-string BFR's are topping our "Most Expensive" list, but I assure you, they're worth every red Euro cent!
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Yep, here EBMMs are among the most expensive instruments that you can buy, but they are totally worth every cent.
    Come to think about it, it's the 6 string tobacco quilt that costs 3.869€.
    I'm assuming the 7 string is somewhere around 4000€, am I correct?
    It's not listed on the mogar website

User Info Menu

I am sure that if you give someone at Mogar a call or get your dealer in contact with them, you can get a price on it.

Enjoy your new amp, Phazer, hopefully soon to be a new amp+new guitar!!!
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

How about vacation in the U.S.?
    EBMM Luke II '05 luke blue
    EBMM Luke II '06 radiance red mh
    EBMM Rosewood ASS HH '05 trem piezo
    EBMM JP 6 '09 olive gold fully loaded
    EBMM JPXI '11 onyx
    EBMM Silhouette '13 emerald green sparkle
    EBMM Luke III BFR '15 HSS blueberry burst flame
    I have been Luked!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    How about vacation in the U.S.?
    I would love to go to the US, and the trip+the guitar would actually cost less than buying it here, but then to transport it back to europe will I have to pay some fee?

Anyway, thank you Beth
    I'm waiting the phone call to know if I got the job so I can start saving for the amp