Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: EBMM ASS LE not selling for me... why?

User Info Menu

EBMM ASS LE not selling for me... why?

Hey all. I was just wanting some feedback as to why you think my guitar is not selling. Is it the condish? The price? I've offered it here twice, and not gotten so much as a nibble and I can't figure out why. The guitar is royally awesome. I just don't play it because I'm so tied to my SG w/ P90's, my BFR Luke, and my Les Paul. I love my JP6 too! It's just a guy can only get so many miles out of their guitars, and I always tend to grab something else before this one. So, some honest feedback will be appreciated, cuz this thing needs to go.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...tml#post540509

I'd also consider trades too.

j

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpoprock View Post
    Hey all. I was just wanting some feedback as to why you think my guitar is not selling. Is it the condish? The price? I've offered it here twice, and not gotten so much as a nibble and I can't figure out why. The guitar is royally awesome. I just don't play it because I'm so tied to my SG w/ P90's, my BFR Luke, and my Les Paul. I love my JP6 too! It's just a guy can only get so many miles out of their guitars, and I always tend to grab something else before this one. So, some honest feedback will be appreciated, cuz this thing needs to go.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...tml#post540509

I'd also consider trades too.

j
    I think you nailed it on the head, its a combination of the condition and the price. I think you will be hard pressed to move that for more than $900 but that is just a hunch. I suspect if you priced it at 1k obo you would start to see interest, I think 800-850 or so and it would be SOLD.

Also take a look at the post just above yours on that page. It is for a essentially BRAND NEW axis that the seller just bought this month and he has changed his mind and is selling. It is the same price as yours.
    Last edited by Headstock; 08-31-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    AL MM90's - Gold, RW Neck
    AL HH - Mint Green
    Silhouette Special - White Sparkle
    JP12- 7 Cherry Sugar
    Steve Morse Y2D - Purple Sunset!
    25th AnnY
    Luke III -Bodhi Blue
    Majesty 6 Arctic Dream

User Info Menu

The price is a bit high for the condition even considering it is an LE. At it stands, the guitar, which is beautiful, looks more like a player. From the pictures, the back does look rough with two pretty good size dings.

A price point below $1000 probably $900 makes more sense.
    StingRay 4 H Black
    Albert Lee Translucent Orange, Black Pickguard, MM90s, piezo
    Rosewood Axis - HH
    Axis Super Sport SSH Black/Shell
    Silhouette Bass BFR Rosewood neck, Vintage Sunburst

User Info Menu

I'd probably give you 800 for it - as long as the shipping wasn't to mental to the UK....

I'm not putting my hand in your pocket, keep me as a last resort (I'm away on business till Wednesday, by which time I'll only be able to speak CISCO!)

I'm sure you'll sell it in the US for 900 easy....

SMELLY'S BALLS

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst
    G79080 - Silhouette Special HSS Tremolo joined the world in white May 19th, 2017

User Info Menu

I agree on the condition statements. I'm not in the market for an Axis, but I will offer some observations given that I'm pretty picky about how my guitars are treated.

You have lots of pics - which is good. However, had it been on ebay and I saw pics taken with it leaning against a cinder block wall, I would assume it hadn't been cared for. That, in addition to the dings, would be enough for me to not bid. Whether the block wall left marks or not, it's not something I would risk doing with my guitars.

Yes, I said I am picky, but I suspect that I'm not alone. There are many of us who collect as well as play.

Mike
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)

User Info Menu

Hmmm.. interesting observations. I can see yer point about it leaning against the block wall. But It didn't get damaged at all by doing so as I was very careful. The only reason I leaned it against that wall in the first place, is because it was a neutral color, and the sun was pointing directly on it, and I thought it would really make the sparkles shine. And it was right after that moment, that I put it back in the case, the case didn't latch properly (which was my own fault), and it FELL OUT. That's when it went from brand new dead mint, to "Player". Even though the damage that occurred was all that was pictured, it probably does give the impression it wasn't cared for at all. But that isn't the case. Aside from that damage, i have taken extremely good care of it, along with my other guitars.

So, if it weren't for the damage, how much do you think I could get for it? I had only owned it like a month, and hadn't even gigged with it, when it fell out. I paid $1500+ from it brand new from Pete. So, how much does something like that depreciate after it's no longer "new"?

Looks like I'm going to have to keep it then. Until the sting of losing $600 goes away at least. I might have to keep it and sell my BFR Luke instead, which I said I'd never do. The nice thing about my ASS LE is that it feels and plays like butter, and sounds great too. So it's not like I'm stuck with a bad guitar. Cosmetically it doesn't bother me at all because you can't see the damage from the front. And it's my all time fave color too.

I've got 10's on it now, and need to go back to 9's I think. I prefer 9's on that guitar for sure.

Thanks guys!

J

User Info Menu

jpoprock, thanks for taking my post as it was intended - as an observation, not an accusation.

As for price, I'd have to agree with Smelly and say around $800-900. It would be a great knock around guitar for someone who wants a blue dawn. Unfortunately, it has kinda lost it's glimmer as an 'LE'....

Mike
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)

User Info Menu

Here's my two cents. Blue Dawn was a previously released color, so it's not as rare as maybe some of the others. I found one of my students a MINT Blue Dawn hardtail super sport for I think it was $750. This was during the time when the LE's were being offered too.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Yikes. Well... looks like I'll be keeping it for the long haul, which is fine. Maybe I'll be able to customize it to my taste then. Although, it's fine as is really.

And I do take it all in stride all the way. It's a shame that it's value takes such a big hit, much like a new car does, more so than something more unique. but I fully understand why. It's just a shame that's all. The market has always been kinda squirrely on EBMM's for some reason. I've seen some dang fine pieces go for much lower than they should have, and fairly common ones go for more than they should have. I suppose it can be like that with all companies, but I think for EBMM its more hit and miss. Because people that play them, know that they rule. But people that don't know much about them may think of them as overpriced G&L's. I dunno. Just a guess.

I will say this though, despite my guitar's set-backs, it's still mint in all other areas, making it a little more than a daily clunker. It's damaged enuff for you to not feel so bad if something else happens to it, but it's definitely nice enough for you to NOT want more damage done to it.

It's caught between a rock and a hard place. So I guess I'll have to keep it and do both... "rock hard"!

J

User Info Menu

That's a good resolve to have JP.

When I got my Les Paul I knew that it was a keeper - was gonna have to earn me some money and was gonna get smacked around a bit in the process.

Over the years it fell of its stand / fell over when being propped up against the 4 x 12/collided with cymbals/collided with bass players. I never meant any of that to happen but it did - play it, take as good a care as you can of it - but people who constantly gig like Tim O'sullivan would smile at the kind of damage you have done and get on with it.

Id be peeved if it happened to mine - no doubt about it - but I would just carry on gigging it.

One day you may have it repaired and a good repairer would do an awesome job for you.

Keep it.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

This is why I buy used.
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)