The Vault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silo spares

User Info Menu

Silo spares

Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me. Ive been offered a Silo hardtail. I'm looking for the availibility of a Silo vintage trem. I know it'd be easier just to get one allready happening..lol..i actually build custom electrics and necks, so i'm not worried about the routing. Would just like to keep this one as original as possible. Cheers.

User Info Menu

Hey pee.gee,
    contact customer service with your desire. Maybe they can help you. Tel. no. and/or mail address should be available on Origin-EB Network.
    Cheers
    Axel
    PEARL PURPLE SILHOUETTE SPECIAL HSS Trem
    PEARL LAVENDER SILHOUETTE SPECIAL SSS Trem
    TRANS GOLD AXIS SUPER SPORT MM90 Trem
    BLACK AXIS SPORT MM90 Hardtail ... "Emergenza 2001"
    ...and the new EB WAH

Meet my balls: http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/AxelBartig/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If your balls are falling off...it isnt your guitars fault.!!!!

User Info Menu

Hi Ax. Thanks. Yep did that and waiting haha. I must be a bit keen. I wasnt going to take the hardtail, then i played mine and went....well, if i have 2 they wont be lonely

User Info Menu

MM doesn't sell spare parts- they'll do a straight replacement if you have an original. I've been keeping my eyes open for one but haven't seen one.

What about the trem on the OLP Luke? Cosmetically, looks very similar (have never played it).

User Info Menu

Thanks Beej. I was wondering about that. Not sure if they are identical. We make an alluminium vintage strat trem assembly and i could fit that, but that'd be defeating the purpose.

User Info Menu

Ah Ax, i had a look in photobucket....i never thought i'd find myself saying to another man..." You have very nice Balls "...hmmmm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pee.gee View Post
    Ah Ax, i had a look in photobucket....i never thought i'd find myself saying to another man..." You have very nice Balls "...hmmmm.
    Oh well...

Thanks bro - I like to keep my Balls sort of unique rather than off the standard rack.
    Life's too short to play black guitars - I'm more into the eyecatchers...
    ...and the new EB WAH

User Info Menu

Not that I'm encouraging ... but another option might be to find a Sub Guitar with a trem (some of them were even labeled with the MM logo) and swap with the hardtail in the silo. Convert the Sub to hardtail, the Silo to Trem.

User Info Menu

Brilliant Jason, tech as tech can... !
    ...and the new EB WAH

User Info Menu

My silo's got a vintage trem and I prefer hardtails. But your in OZ and I'm in the U.K. Shame.

User Info Menu

Hmmm Marantz, food for thought. Whats a plane ride between balls. Actually i just got a reply from the lovely Beth Johnson at International Customer Service
    . Re spares goes as follows.
    Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Ernie Ball/Music Man and thank you for your interest in a Music Man Silhouette Guitar!

Yes, we can provide a vintage tremolo for purchase for $200.00, not including shipping and importing charges. However, we would need the old bridge back before releasing the new one as the bridge is a proprietary item.

We also have pickguard assemblies for sale in HH, SSS and HSS configurations on the Silhouette. The prices for these are as follows:

-HH with black or white pickguard - $250.00
    -HH with shell pickguard - $280.00
    -SSS with black or white pickguard - $250.00
    -SSS with shell pickguard - $280.00
    -HSS with black or white pickguard - $275.00
    -HSS with shell pickguard - $305.00

Let me know if you'd be interested in either of these options and we'll get what you need on order.

Looking forward to your soonest response.
    With best regards,
    Beth Johnson
    International Customer Service

A lil ray of sunshine !. Btw Marantz..whats your's like ?...Dayum and mum said i'd grow out of it too !

User Info Menu

Smile

Old. 6 bolt. Blue. HSH or SSS. But I dont trust the airlines to send it to the other side of the Earth.

User Info Menu

Is that a Kahler design locking system ? As a designer/ builder. i'm highly opposed to the old myth that mass creates sustain. My honest opinion is that Floyd's and such are a well machined way of robbing your guitar of tone. Love the switchable pick up idea. After importing a lot of old gibsons ( early 50's ES 125's, 150',s ) from the States ( and the odd old Studebaker ) the airlines dont scare me as much as the retailers do. I'll work out how to upload a pic of the hardtail.

User Info Menu

Here's the hardtail, my HSS and one of our necks made for a strat, with tele headstock, binding custom frets and timbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silo spares-jpg  

User Info Menu

It's a Shaller trem.All the hard where is Shaller, stamped made in West Germany. It's an 89.So It must be pre Berlin Wall. At the moment I have the trem blocked off with a wood block, Clapton style with active SSS Emgs. That hard tail 's a beaut.