New banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jemini or Satchurator?

User Info Menu

Jemini or Satchurator?

I've lately been looking into pedals, as Christmas is coming fairly soon. Looking into the reviews, the Satchurator seems to have more positive reviews, than the Ibanez Jemini. The Jemini seems a little more sustaining, but not sure if it is worth the $200, when I really only enjoy the green channel, which has more of a mid and overtone sound.

The Satchurator seems to be more for the blues genre. It seems to have some nice features, such as the Pad switch where it will suppress any excess noise coming from other pedals that you may have connected. I'm not really sure if it will hold it's sustain, and may lean more towards a crunchy tone.

I'm more interested in a lead tone, with a rich, middy quality.

Any suggestions for other distortion pedals are welcome.
    Proud Owner Of:
    Ernie Ball Musicman JP12

User Info Menu

I would suggest you check out the Radial Tone Bone Pedals. They don't "simulate" tube overdrive and distortion, they actually HAVE a tube in them and they sound fantastic! I have the Classic and the Hot British. I love both! They are well worth looking into.

Here is the site (they have sound clips as well that are pretty accurate.

Tonebone Products Index
    Currently Balls

Silhouette
    Axis Super Sport

User Info Menu

They are great pedals, but unfortunately are a bit pricey.
    Proud Owner Of:
    Ernie Ball Musicman JP12

User Info Menu

I love my Trimode. Radial products rule.

I am looking at both these pedals to add to add to my overly busy board as well, but I have not tested them yet. This would ultimately make my decision to buy either or any of them. Some things that stand out for me though are that the Jemini only allows you to have one pedal or the other on, and the Satchurator appears to be about 25% cheaper.
    Y2D, Purple Sunset, hardtail (11/28/05)
    20th Anniversary Silhouette, trem (01/25/07)
    JP6 Blue Dawn LE, piezo (07/10/07)
    JP6 BFR Koa, Tobacco Burst (11/11/08)
    Cutlass RS, Vintage Turquoise, SSS (09/11/18)
    JP6 Mystic Dream, piezo (09/18/18)
    Monarchy Majesty 7 Majestic Purple (09/19/18)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Progdude View Post
    I would suggest you check out the Radial Tone Bone Pedals. They don't "simulate" tube overdrive and distortion, they actually HAVE a tube in them and they sound fantastic! I have the Classic and the Hot British. I love both! They are well worth looking into.

Here is the site (they have sound clips as well that are pretty accurate.

Tonebone Products Index

+1
    I have the Plexitube ( Pretty much the Hot British, just has two channels, rythmn and lead, great pedal,....tube powered, clear, true bypass, quiet, well worth the money)

The British isn't quite to my liking, I should have got the classic,..however, good pedal if you like the Brit sound,.......will get the classic one of these days. You get what you pay for

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by unclerico View Post
    They are great pedals, but unfortunately are a bit pricey.
    Yes they are pricey. But WELL worth it. Its hard to get a bad setting out of them. Anywhere I set the controls at sounds good.
    Currently Balls

Silhouette
    Axis Super Sport

User Info Menu

Last edited by Grand Wazoo; 11-26-2008 at 10:57 PM.

User Info Menu

What genre are you looking at? Do you want Overdrive, Distortion or both? For 200$, you could also check out the Damage Control pedals: The Liquid Blues is an overdrive and the Solid Metal is the distortion. I have the solid metal, don't be fooled by it's name, it can do ACDC and more pop-ish rock too. It's not really British or Recto sounding, it has it's own vibe which I love. Both of these pedals are tube driven so you can run them alone on your clean channel with confidence.
    Rafael

Silhouette Hardtail Black, Tortoise Pickguard, Rosewood Fretboard, Matching headstock, S.N. G28918 born 7/11/05

User Info Menu

I am more so looking into a distortion pedal, something heavier, smoother, and more liquidy. Something great with leads, but at the same time has the potential to give a great definition on chords and lower notes.
    Proud Owner Of:
    Ernie Ball Musicman JP12

User Info Menu

You should definitely try the Damage Control "solid Metal" pedal!! it's a tube (2) pedal, and all I can say is that's the best tube distortion EVER!!!

Great definition, heavy and great sounds....
    JP6 2005 Buttercream limited edition fully loaded

JP6 BFR in Bahama Blueburst

JP6 LE08 Sequoia Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by casper777 View Post
    You should definitely try the Damage Control "solid Metal" pedal!! it's a tube (2) pedal, and all I can say is that's the best tube distortion EVER!!!

Great definition, heavy and great sounds....
    Does it use actual tubes? And will I have to replace them?
    Proud Owner Of:
    Ernie Ball Musicman JP12

User Info Menu

I ve been using ProCo Rat for a while and it rocks... You can get very nice blues to megadeth kinda tones from it..

Have heard good things about the MXR wylde pedal as well.. Gonna try that soon..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by unclerico View Post
    Does it use actual tubes? And will I have to replace them?
    Yes actual tubes. No, I don't know of anyone that has had to replace them, but the pedal has two easy access transparent panels that I think can be taken off to replace the tubes.

It Rocks for leads and it KILLS for rhythm. Impressive note definition even with max saturation and distortion.
    Rafael

Silhouette Hardtail Black, Tortoise Pickguard, Rosewood Fretboard, Matching headstock, S.N. G28918 born 7/11/05

User Info Menu

I just got my hands on the new digitech pedals. They are great for me.

Try one and let your ears decide.

J
    www.myspace.com/gordonsalive
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jonnydubai
    Sub1 HH trem blue
    Silo Special (Metal Flake Green)
    Axis SS (trans orange)
    Fender Richie Kotzen Tele (bronze burst)

ENGL Blackmore 100
    Mesa Roadster 2x12
    Digitech CM-2, Digital Delay
    Morley Bad horsie 2
    Boss Octaver 2

User Info Menu

I've used my Damage Control pedal for one year now.. no need to replace the tubes...

I think at some point I'll have to.. but it's very easy...

The possibilities of tweaking your tone is really great with this pedal!! I use it in front of my Hughes & Kettner solid state amp and it really sounds like a great tube amp...

I use it for heavy distortion and I'm using a Hughes & kettner Tube Factor (another tube overdrive pedal) for the crunch tones...

You should definitively try it!! every other pedal will sound cheap and lifeless after that...
    JP6 2005 Buttercream limited edition fully loaded

JP6 BFR in Bahama Blueburst

JP6 LE08 Sequoia Gold