Not electric until you plug it in
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale Thread is CLOSED!

User Info Menu

Exclamation For Sale Thread is CLOSED!

Hey guys,

For months we've been asking people to not "litter" the for sale thread. BP's chimed in, I've mentioned it a bunch of time etc... but still people keep posting randomness in there.

Here's the deal:
    There's a ton of places to sell gear. Even so, BP has allowed us to have a single "for sale" thread per section (1 for guitars and 1 for basses). The "for sale" thread on the guitar side keeps getting posts like "wow, that's pretty", "i wish i had the $", "id buy it if it had a rosewood board" etc etc

We've asked a bunch of times that people refrain from these types of posts but they keep popping up. So, for now, the "for sale" thread is closed.

It sucks but so does digging thru a ton worthless posts to finally see a new, legit, "for sale" posting.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but, honestly, nobody cares that you sent the seller a PM or that you think red sparkle is the coolest finish ever or that the shipping price is too high. It's irrelevant noise. Posts like that either add zero value or should have been communicated via PM.

So, for now, the "for sale" thread on the guitar side is closed.

User Info Menu

well it's sad that people who can't follow directions have at least temporarily ruined a good thing. It's a good thread to look at cool guitars and edit your wishlist around.

Isn't there even a thread floating around that is called something like, talk about the for sale thread here....?

Oh well... maybe people will get the hint when they see the locked thread and it can come back and people follow directions.
    Kevin Wale

2010 Barolo JPX7 S/N F27478 DOB 9/30/10
    2008 Amethest Burst BFR JP6 S/N G42261 DOB 4-21-08
    2002 Desert Gold JP7 with piezo and matching headstock STOLEN S/N F07214(thought by police to be in Jaurez)
    2007 Desert Gold JP7 with piezo and matching headstock STOLEN S/N F19939(sold by Guitar Center... now in Europe and not coming home)

www.reverbnation.com/bipolarecho
    www.myspace.com/bipolarecho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8BBQDQO3k

User Info Menu

thats the idea we arent trying to punish people but maybe a day or so without will be more effective that continually asking people to behave. I go0t pmmed last night for EVH info....Happy new years thats just what I want to talk about
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mesavox View Post
    well it's sad that people who can't follow directions have at least temporarily ruined a good thing. It's a good thread to look at cool guitars and edit your wishlist around.

Isn't there even a thread floating around that is called something like, talk about the for sale thread here....?
    I think I opened one a while ago...ah yes, found it: http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...-comments.html

Maybe it would help if that one was stickied?
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt

User Info Menu

Hoping you'all don't get peeved at me. BP and Phattduck, I'm all for this action. I've really tried to do my part in assisting other members (mostly newbs) to see the light about the for sale thread and the Ebay/CL thread. Personally, it really is annoying to have to see the same pictures again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again of the same freaking guitar because an uninformed or lackadaisical person(s) has hit the reply button to say "PM sent" or some other triviality and the pictures are reposted as well. I say "HOW ABOUT USING THE QUICK REPLY, for cryin' out loud!!??" (this goes for all threads really) Or how about culling the pictures out if you can't figure out the quick reply? It's easy, highlight the pic and then press delete. Or how about sending a PM and not telling the rest of the world about it?? Sheesh! I tell ya people this isn't rocket science here. The MAN has asked you'all to stop it. You know he has, and if you don't know he has then it's just egg on YER FACE for not knowing. And I've noticed that lots of you guys seem to know every other little thing going on here, so why not this?
    I dont know, maybe we need a Rules for the For Sale/Ebay/CL threads thread.
    Sorry for my rant. I'll return to my stable state now...

Thank you.
    Last edited by jamminjim; 01-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Silhouette Special Pearl Blue rosewood, hardtail
    Silhouette Special Candy Apple Red, rosewood hardtail
    Silhouette Special in Carbon Blue Pearl maple neck tremolo
    Sub 1 Black hardail Routed SS style
    Sub 1 Graphite tremolo Routed SS style
    Sub 1 Pearl Blue hardtail, now with BGPups Pure 90's
    Sub 1 Cinnamon hardtail Routed SS style
    Handwired '65 Princeton Reverb Head with Hoffman turret board
    2 x 12 cab (Celestion and Weber)
    Best radio station in USA
    http://www.ktnnonline.com

User Info Menu

I think the worst we can do is blame the new members. Anyone can make a post pointing out an error, again, why not tell em via pm. I think the point here is that its not the new members atall, it is in fact members who have been asked lots of times. Members who continually make comment, and members who also list the same guitars for sale an unnecessary amount of times. I have my settings to show lots of posts on one page and sometimes see the same guitars posted for sale 3 times on one page.

Trust me, I know from when I first joined, leave it to the mods to point out any probs. Infact, generally the mods dont even comment, they just delete the junk.

I always found it strange and quite brilliant that there was a for sale thread even here! Afterall, I thought the point was for MM to shift more new guitar, but here we are, on a Forum payed for by MM, allowing us the easy option of not. Another testament to EB's commitment to musicians.

Shame if the for sale thread goes, Im just thankful it was there in the first place, I've had a couple of beautiful guitars from it.

Anyhoo, not posted for a while but always still reading. Happy New Year to everyone, hope 2009 is a fantastic year for you all.
    PUNKmag on facebook

My Balls:

• FULLY LOADED AESTHETIC GOD JP6 MYSTIC DREAM - G37536 - BORN 17 OCTOBER 2007
    • NO NONSENSE RIP YA FACE OFF RADIANCE RED LUKE G35457 23rd APRIL 2007
    • A FRESH SET OF ERNIE BALL SUPER SLINKYS 9-42

User Info Menu

why not tell em via pm.
    excellent point Big Tony, and that is precisely what I have done many times. How bout everyone else? Anyone else tried to help out someone via PM concerning this subject? FingBeagles, I think your post ethic is exemplary. Thanks man..

And feliz ano nuevo dudes... maybe its time we all learned a little spanish eh.

User Info Menu

I would just like to say that I personally thought the 'For Sale' threads on these boards were really really cool. I had a vintage guitar of another brand that I tried to sell, but members on that particular manufacter's forum were explicitedly forbidden from posting 'For Sale' threads or links. I had to just sell it on craigslist rather than sell it to folks who might really really want that guitar. When I joined here, I found that not only was it allowed, but there was a sticky at the top!

Regardless, it's your forum, I am not complaining on how it is moderated. However, I will say that the 'For Sale' thread was a great idea and a great way to spread the love of Music Man guitars.
    Vintage Sunburst Silhouette Special, '06; 20th Anniversary Silhouette, '06; Honeyburst Sterling '00

I stepped upon the platform, the man gave me the news
    He said "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"

Enter the Void:
    http://www.voidmusic2000.fourfour.com
    http://www.facebook.com/voidmusic2000

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid70 View Post

regardless, it's your forum, i am not complaining on how it is moderated. However, i will say that the 'for sale' thread was a great idea and a great way to spread the love of music man guitars.
    +1

User Info Menu

If I didnt think it was a nice service for REGULARS here it would never have seen the light of day.

THis is just a time out this time.....

I agree just blaming the newbies is wrong. The armchair self appointed mods exchanging chastising comments and judgement is the thing that peeves me the most. If a poster is in outer space on his or her price the market will tell that person...I think it runs off newer knucks when they get this kind of communication
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Damn... This forum is a little lesser for the loss of that thread. I hope it comes back.
    - Lionel

Vote for your favourite EBMM Model here!

Favourite Ball: JPX7 , May 2010

www.soundclick.com/demioblue

Quote Originally Posted by petruccirocks02 View Post
    C'mon though Lionel, everyone knows that you're a Silo whore. Haha.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid70 View Post
    I would just like to say that I personally thought the 'For Sale' threads on these boards were really really cool.
    Sorry if you get mad at me but, this is an
    ironic comment coming from a "PM sent" guy.

User Info Menu

as BP mentioned a couple posts ago... the thread will come back. its not gone forever.

User Info Menu

I keep saying that this is a time out. Dont blame us...it is always member abuse that causes negative change
    Two requests, please
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

User Info Menu

BP THIS ISNT FAIR DONT THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS I AM ANGRY AND I AM ON THE INTERNET RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    asd