Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Dream EBMM Guitar?

The 25th pretty much covers it for me. I would only wish to add a JP-Piezo Trem and get 2, one with the HB's, and one with 3 MM90's.
    1992 EBMM EVH

would like to add a second choice.

semi hollow...with redesigned fatter warmer mm90's w/ slightly mellower attack ... slightly smaller body style than a traditional semi hollow.. rosewood fretboard..unfinished neck.... open to color options.... but would like to see a honeyburst.

maybe base it on an Axis shape (like Smelly suggested) but round out and slightly increase the size of the lower horn so it's not so pointy.

like BP said...it's easier to dream with someone elses money. as i look at the ebmm lineup a model like the above description is what i see missing.
    Last edited by luv; 04-05-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    jeremy

Reflex - Black Maple Hardtail - 11/07/12

To have one of every sparkle color.

My dream Ball? See my avatar! Every time I play it I can't believe how awesome it is!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

A free JP6. I won't be picky on the details.

I pretty much have it.

Im using a 2009 Silo with a maple fret-board and tremolo and non matching headstock. the following modifications I have done so far are.........

Dimarzio Andy Timmons in the bridge
    Dimarzio Area 67 in the middle
    Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck
    No Load Tone to bypass the tone control ( I kept the stock tone cap)
    Graph Tech Saddles (getting installed after this new set of Dunlop strings dies)
    Tremol-No
    pearl buttons instead of the metal ones on the tuners (like the JPs have)

I really think EBMM is onto something great with the whole "tone block" idea. Id like to see it taken a step or two further.
    Id like to have a combo of the following woods........

1. Ash
    2. Alder
    3. Mahogany
    4. Maple
    5. Rosewood

And Not just run of the mill versions of these woods. TOP GRADE HIGHEST QUALITY WOODS!
    I guess Id have 2 strips of Ash 2 strips of Alder and 1 of Mahogany. The outside would be the Alder. The inner 2 strips would be Ash. The inside would be Mahogany. The top would be Maple (flame or quilt of course) as well as the neck would be maple and the fretboard rosewood. Possibly a neck thru on this (maybe). All in all, I really like all those woods but Ive never played a guitar that had ALL 5 in one guitar. I think that combo could make a really great sounding guitar.
    I also wouldn't mind a slightly thicker body as well. And a thicker brass trem block. I think that brass is definitely a must have for any guitar with a trem! Anyone else agree with me on that? Id really like to see an A/B with any guitar that first has a steel block then the same guitar playing the same thing but with a brass block. I bet there is a pretty big difference. So yea If I ever get a "true" fully custom guitar built for me those will be the woods used.
    Currently Balls

Silhouette
    Axis Super Sport

I designed and built this one with Kisekae...

An Axis but like an Axis Sport with no pickguard.

- Trans Amber finish
    - Floyd Rose
    - Locking tuners
    - Double cream DiMarzio Air Zone humbucker in the bridge position
    - (2) DiMarzio DiMarzio Area 61s with cream covers
    - Std 5-way blade switch
    - Master vol/tone (both 250k pots)
    Last edited by Butch Snyder; 04-07-2009 at 04:49 AM.
    - Butch Snyder

axis supersport, with a rediculously figured neck an body, mahogony instead of basswood body, carved quilted maple top, two mm90's and all in black cheery burst! big poppa please build me one, ill pay whatever it takes!!!!!

a semi-hollow version would also be amazing!!!!

chambered basswood or mahogany body, carved maple top with f-holes, maple neck with rosewood board, m.o.p. block inlays, pair of humbuckers, 3 way switching, single volume, single tone (and a push-pull on tone control) and stop-tail instead of string-thru.

color? honey-burst, of course

cheers always, eh

Joel
    Fan of:
    Beer
    Barbecue
    Dr Z Amps
    EBMM Guitars
    Lizard Leg Effects

Silo Spec with mahogany toneblock, basswood body, maple top. 2 volumes, one tone. SSH. 12" radius. jumbo frets. vintage trem bridge.
    - Lionel

Vote for your favourite EBMM Model here!

Favourite Ball: JPX7 , May 2010

www.soundclick.com/demioblue

Quote Originally Posted by petruccirocks02 View Post
    C'mon though Lionel, everyone knows that you're a Silo whore. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Silo Spec with mahogany toneblock, basswood body, maple top. 2 volumes, one tone. SSH. 12" radius. jumbo frets. vintage trem bridge.
    What color?
    "Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

Mystic Dream JP7 made from Mahogany/Birdseye Maple neck/Match.HS/Coco Bolo fretboard.

Aw yeah...*salivates on keyboard.
    2006 Petrucci 6- Desert Gold
    2003 Petrucci 7 - White
    2005 Petrucci 7 - Radiance Red
    2007 Petrucci 7 - Dargie Delight
    2010 JPX 6 - Turquoise Pearl

Recent purchases from others have led me to REALLY want a Cabernet Pearl and Rosewood necked anything....first choice would be an Axis Super Sport...then a JP.

That would be a dream Axe for me.
    "Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

so this one then?!

"If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

I pretty much have it.

Im using a 2009 Silo with a maple fret-board and tremolo and non matching headstock. the following modifications I have done so far are.........

Dimarzio Andy Timmons in the bridge
    Dimarzio Area 67 in the middle
    Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck
    No Load Tone to bypass the tone control ( I kept the stock tone cap)
    Graph Tech Saddles (getting installed after this new set of Dunlop strings dies)
    Tremol-No
    pearl buttons instead of the metal ones on the tuners (like the JPs have)

I really think EBMM is onto something great with the whole "tone block" idea. Id like to see it taken a step or two further.
    Id like to have a combo of the following woods........

1. Ash
    2. Alder
    3. Mahogany
    4. Maple
    5. Rosewood

And Not just run of the mill versions of these woods. TOP GRADE HIGHEST QUALITY WOODS!
    I guess Id have 2 strips of Ash 2 strips of Alder and 1 of Mahogany. The outside would be the Alder. The inner 2 strips would be Ash. The inside would be Mahogany. The top would be Maple (flame or quilt of course) as well as the neck would be maple and the fretboard rosewood. Possibly a neck thru on this (maybe). All in all, I really like all those woods but Ive never played a guitar that had ALL 5 in one guitar. I think that combo could make a really great sounding guitar.
    I also wouldn't mind a slightly thicker body as well. And a thicker brass trem block. I think that brass is definitely a must have for any guitar with a trem! Anyone else agree with me on that? Id really like to see an A/B with any guitar that first has a steel block then the same guitar playing the same thing but with a brass block. I bet there is a pretty big difference. So yea If I ever get a "true" fully custom guitar built for me those will be the woods used.
    Currently Balls

Silhouette
    Axis Super Sport