Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For my 1000th-ish post - Behold the visaural beauty that is the 25th Anniversary Axis

User Info Menu

"That" is what I was waiting to see! Fantastic top.
    Congrats!!

User Info Menu

nice quilt! congrats!
    MM Luke ll. Rolls Burgundy
    MM Luke BFR Bahama Blue Burst
    MM Luke ll. Blue Pearl Fully loaded
    MM Luke ll. Radiance Red w/ Matching headstock

User Info Menu

Hmmmm..... I don't know.
    I can't get the feel of it. I think I need to see more pics.

Congrats on a 1000 posts! Keep it up.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

"That top sucks" -- LOL .. Its sweeet.. Congrats!!!
    Proud owner - JP6 Mystic Dream

User Info Menu

Sweet guitar
    MBG CIC ALOC
    "If, for any reason, you are not 100% satisfied with the, quality, workmanship, playability, tone or even color of your new, and or used, Albert Lee Model. Send it to me, and I will keep it."
    Albert Lee - Gremlin Greene

User Info Menu

Jason,

So what do you think, inquiring minds need to know and yes more pics por favor

User Info Menu

"Visaural"...that is a great term, you should trademark it! I'm going to start using it myself until you do .

A SWEET and CLASSY guitar, modern and timeless...congrats! Mine is supposed to be here this month, same config as the one you have, I'll pay extra if it looks as awesome as yours

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fingbeagles View Post
    Jason,

So what do you think, inquiring minds need to know and yes more pics por favor
    I think its awesome. I DO need to get better pics. Outdoor shots perhaps.

For anyone still on the fence... the debate is over.

Tone Switcher's delight. If you need to have just one guitar this can be it. (Having said that, I have no plans to sell off the rest of my brood.)

The balance of this guitar is excellent. Playing seated, I use a foot stool for my left leg; this guitar feels like it was custom fit for me.

Folks the finish on this guitar is absolutely freaking phenomenal. The venetian redburst is like many colors in one depending on the lighting. You can see that in the photos with some apparent flickers of orange.

The neck is fabulous, mine happens to have some massive birds eye and subtle flame. I think the neck feels massive (it really isn't, just different from the Axis that have been getting the most playing time). Fits nicely for me.

oh and last night when I was asleep... well I am pretty sure it was still oozing cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHack View Post
    "Visaural"...that is a great term, you should trademark it! I'm going to start using it myself until you do .
    I thought it was pretty cool myself
    BP - Throw this one in the ring if it becomes a reg Prod model the EBMM "Visaural"

I'm headed back to my mancave...
    Last edited by Headstock; 04-23-2009 at 09:47 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's another one I found. Top Sucks more than a Hoover.

Music Man 25th Ann. RedBurst Flame Top Guitar

User Info Menu

Then there is this one that also just showed up at DCGL

User Info Menu

Oh man, I'd be all over one of those with a Maple board. What kind of pickups are in the 25th's? When you say the neck is massive, what model does the neck shape compare to?

-Phil

User Info Menu

Awesome pics Headstock!!!!

Wow, those dots on the maple board are just a glowing!
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Very nice indeed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by petruccirocks02 View Post
    Oh man, I'd be all over one of those with a Maple board. What kind of pickups are in the 25th's? When you say the neck is massive, what model does the neck shape compare to?

-Phil
    The pickups are similar to the same as the axis pickups but with metal covers. From the MM site "HH - 2 DiMarzio custom humbucking with chrome cover and Music Man pickup rings"

I probably should not have called the neck "massive", lottsa baseball bat lovers out there. I have been playing my Axis and JP alot lately, as such, it immediately felt different/larger. I just got out my 20th Silo and I would say its close in size to that.
    Last edited by Headstock; 04-23-2009 at 09:55 PM.