Straps 2020
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my new 2-humbucker AL!

User Info Menu

my new 2-humbucker AL!

was so excited I had to make this a new thread, instead of posting it in one of the many Al threads...

so this is it! sonic blue finish, rosewood fretboard, and two humbuckers. all things not traditionally available on Albert Lee guitars. the pickups are straight out of the Axis Super Sport, which are custom wound DiMarzios (EVH may have had something to do with designing these...) except the bobbins aren't zebra striped. I had them get two completely different colored pickups. One black, one white.

can't wait till this thing is in my hands. it'll be the coolest, most practical guitar I've ever owned. I was looking to recreate the look of old mustangs/jaguars, kinda like kurt cobain played. the color scheme is also very close to rivers from weezer's early warmoth strat copy guitar. just thought i'd grunge up the classic MM look a little bit. looks super vintage and modern at the same time.

Thanks EB/MM.. you guys rule. I'll be thinking of more color schemes... sunburst is next!

Go to THE SWELLERS (NEW SONG & TOUR DATES!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads to find our tourdates with Paramore across the US.. you'll see this sucker in action!

-Nick Diener and The Swellers
    www.theswellers.com

User Info Menu

NICK, DUDE!!!!!! FRIGGIN AWESOME, LOVE THE COLOR MAN!!!!!

Sunburst, come on Nick Orange Sparkle man!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Nice!! congrats Nick. People here will go nuts for that!
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

User Info Menu

I love it!
    The Holy Trinity of Awesome design, tone and magic:

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Nice color. It does look very vintage. The only thing that would make it look even cooler would be metal covers for the pickups.
    Vintage Sunburst Silhouette Special, '06; 20th Anniversary Silhouette, '06; Honeyburst Sterling '00

I stepped upon the platform, the man gave me the news
    He said "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"

Enter the Void:
    http://www.voidmusic2000.fourfour.com
    http://www.facebook.com/voidmusic2000

User Info Menu

sick!!!
    I want one so bad!

aw man, i'm gonna go cry now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid70 View Post
    Nice color. It does look very vintage. The only thing that would make it look even cooler would be metal covers for the pickups.
    +1 covered humbuckers would be awesome.

User Info Menu

I love that color!
    Ball's: Musicman SUB Bass
    Amps/Effects: Squier SP10 Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX, Guitar Rig 3, Vox Amplug Lead, POD Studio UX2 + PODFarm

User Info Menu

Nick, that's a fantastic AL!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

thanks a lot, guys! I'm definitely considering getting covered pickups on my next one. after seeing those BP Als.. man. the body style, solid color, and chrome knobs/pickups remind me of those corvette les pauls they had for awhile. way too awesome.
    www.theswellers.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nickdanger View Post
    thanks a lot, guys! I'm definitely considering getting covered pickups on my next one. after seeing those BP Als.. man. the body style, solid color, and chrome knobs/pickups remind me of those corvette les pauls they had for awhile. way too awesome.
    +1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Wow, that is sweeeeeet.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous... that should (must!) become a standard colour offering.
    Steve

Brian is offline Ernie Ball Customer Service Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

I'd like say how proud I am of Nick and his band.

I met Nick when I believe they were 15 and signed up for the Battle of the Bands. I loved the song they wrote and selected them to play live on our stage in Detroit. I've had the great opportunity to meet Nick's family, and even spent a nice day in Detroit with them while I was there judging emergenza. We've kept in touch over the years, and I've watched Nick grow as a player and watched his band's increase its level of exposure each year.

Fast forward to this year, They were recently signed to Fueled by Ramen / Atlantic Records (paramore, fall out boy, panic at the disco) and are going out on a huge US tour with Paramore (fellow EB endorsees!)
    Congrats Nick, you guys busted your tails off and Im very proud of The you, jonathan, and the band. Have a great tour!

User Info Menu

Sweet!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String