Music Man Modern Classics
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Wipes Useable?

User Info Menu

Wonder Wipes Useable?

I bought a tub of Wonder Wipes Fretboard Conditioner from a music store on eBay. They arrived today with a hole in the protective seal and as such they had completely dried out, leaving me with orange scented tissues. I've emailed to get another batch sent out and I assume he won't want the old one back seeing as they are defective.

Is there any way to salvage these or should I just bin them?

User Info Menu

That's a good question. I have had similar experiences.
    Proud owner of a LH MM JP
    Thanks Pete, Sterling, Slingy and everybody who made this dream possible

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7686/0000358.jpg
    My band http://www.myspace.com/blooddrunker

I bought my ball from the man, Pete. Check him out at www.dubaldomusic.com.

Applelurker is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Depending how old they are, and what conditions they are subjected to (hours in a UPS truck when it's 110 degrees, etc) drying out can happen. We discontinued the large containers to avoid this. We've also released individually wrapped singles for fretboard conditioner, string cleaner, and guitar polish. This will keep each wipe moist and assure that months later they are still usable. We will be more than happy to replace your dry wipes. Feel free to e-mail me your information and we'll take care of you. scotta@ernieball.com

User Info Menu

Add water, shake, and pour on to your fretboard!

No don't do that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Applelurker View Post
    Depending how old they are, and what conditions they are subjected to (hours in a UPS truck when it's 110 degrees, etc) drying out can happen. We discontinued the large containers to avoid this. We've also released individually wrapped singles for fretboard conditioner, string cleaner, and guitar polish. This will keep each wipe moist and assure that months later they are still usable. We will be more than happy to replace your dry wipes. Feel free to e-mail me your information and we'll take care of you. scotta@ernieball.com
    Thanks for the reply. I live in Scotland where it very rarely stops raining, so unless they dried out in transit to the UK I think it's very likely down to the hole in the packaging I'm hoping the store I bought it from will be kind enough to send me out another, but that's some handy info to have on the sizes, I guess next time I'll steer clear of the large tub.
    Last edited by beedster84; 10-06-2009 at 02:56 PM.

User Info Menu

That's allot to have dry out.... Something wrong and they need to send another one.

User Info Menu

If the seal was broken, I'd return or exchange them. All I've bought were well saturated.

User Info Menu

Uhhh, guys, Scott Applegate in Customer Service has already offered to replace them...
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Can I return mine too, after I use them? How long are EB picks warrantied for? And, does MM still offer a pickup magnet topping off service?

User Info Menu

Can I get a new car?
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

keep in mind we offered to replace them and we didnt punture the seal
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

the fretboard conditioner wipes are amazing, - I used to use a spray from another company and ended up getting it everywhere but the neck - can do a full restring and wipe down the board in 9 minutes flat now! - there's gotta be an olympic sport for that,

the big canasters were great - But I can see you'd have to use a lot, I might start taking mine in the shower, I love the smell of fretboard conditioner in the morning, Wonder Wipes, because your pits are worth it!
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Been a long night Mike?

:-D
    "this place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun"

Monkey Likey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    been a long night mike?
    lol
    Scott.

I buy my guitars from the man with the Biggest Balls in AUS!
    The man, the myth, the Legend... Colin http://www.guitarplanet.com.au

User Info Menu

Ya Happened me too. I was in manchester and bought a tub. checked them when i got home and they were dry doh!!. the oil is still on them and they still clean a maple fretboard really well but I have to wipe alot with a paper towel after to remove to the residue left behind.

Still should have checked them before i left the shop!
    easy.... i am new here.........red silo trem maple board white perloid pickguard.