Ultra Burly

Thread: picture request. + silo ???

User Info Menu

picture request. + silo ???

just wondering if anyone had any pictures of an orange silo or silo special.
    with preferably a orange swirl pickguard. but any combination pickguard would be nice to see. thats currently the thought in my head for when i order my silo . would be nice to see a picture to help aid my decision. i know theres a gallery on here but its 218 pages so id rather put the time it would take in searching through that into playing . hope someone can help . cheers.

on another note , this may sound a stupid question to you lot. but can someone tell me the difference between the standard silo and the silo special. ive looked at pics and the specs and i cant seem to tell the difference. i may be blind and have missed something. so dont laugh to hard.
    2009 Axis Trans Blue .MHS. Quilt Top.
    Jp6 Mystic Dream .MHS.Jp Inlays.

ANYBODY IN THE UK WANNA SWAP SOME SLINKY 10'S FOR SOME 11'S . SEND ME A PM .

User Info Menu

one is 22 and another is 24 frets
    Lefties! Unite against our right handed oppressors!

PRS McCarty w./ IRW neck /
    PRS DGT
    Bogner 20th Shiva
    EBMM BFR Petrucci 7 string (IRW neck)
    EBMM Mystic Dream 6 string (IRW neck )

User Info Menu

Not the pickguard you want..but still a very cool looking Silo:

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adamr View Post
    can someone tell me the difference between the standard silo and the silo special
    22 vs 24 frets as already noted plus available pickup configurations differ.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Silo Spec = 22 frets, only SSS or HSS pickup config, shorter horns
    Silo = 24 frets, only HSH pick configs, longer horns

Both are same woods, same bridge options, same general look.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

I'll elaborate and say some more that the Silo Spec is a strat-style guitar, whereas the Silo is a superstrat-style guitar.

So you'd shred the Silo and blues the Silo Spec.

I hope I'm not confusing you.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

User Info Menu

thanks a lot for explaining it . the idea behind the guitar was to basically replace my strat. i love the sound my strat makes.well ill rephrase that i love the sound my strat makes on the neck pickup and the neck and middle pickup. i use my strat for blues stuff really not for much else. i use my axis for everything else. but since getting my axis ive noticed a big improvement of fluidity and feel on the guitar. the feel of an unfinished neck just feels right to me. and the quality of the musicman guitars is so far beyond the strat(american made) that theres no contest. so by the looks of it ill go with the silo special. im planning on buying a jp6 soon so that takes care of the shredding side of my needs.

still would like some pictures of some orange silo's if anyone can find any. also if someone can find a photo of an orange swirl pickguard on a silo that would be good.

thanks again.

User Info Menu

If you're looking for that "stratty" neck and middle pickup then of the two the Silo Special is definitely the way to go, particularly if you want the alder body/rosewood fingerboard 60s-style Strat tones.

Another option would be the Albert Lee Signature (AL for short); it also has SSS pickups and can do the "Strat" thing pretty well. The AL only comes with an ash body and a maple fingerboard so you would be in the early 50s-style Strat tone neighborhood.

User Info Menu

Orange-ish Silo Special with tortoise shell.

With black pearl.

User Info Menu

Here's ,mine[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adamr View Post
    still would like some pictures of some orange silo's if anyone can find any. also if someone can find a photo of an orange swirl pickguard on a silo that would be good.

thanks again.
    This one is in Japan (Music Land Key)

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"

Lefty Axis Super Sport---Natural Quilt
    Lefty Axis Super Sport---Cabernet Pearl / Hard Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    I'm confused. Someone makes a sports car named Steamer? Are they based in Cleveland?

User Info Menu

thanks bud . if only that hadnt just discontinued both of those .

User Info Menu

a little late but also some oranges, because I love the colour:
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Adamr: If you like the feel of the Axis, consider the Axis Super Sport which has two more inner/outer coil positions in positions 2 and 4 on the 5-way switch. Not exactly like a strat, but similar to the F-brand two pickup combos.

As always, please play one yourself before taking a stranger's advice. But it is something to consider/investigate if the Axis neck and body shape are already working for you.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP