EB Tone Squad
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 25th Anniversary headcount

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coldsummer View Post
    Hi Sweat, yes I'm afraid so, very greedy of me I know, but I never really planned to have three. I started off with the Flame top one on the left and really wanted one of the limited R/W neck models but pretty much gave up on getting one, especially as I am in the UK. So I got the Quilt top one from Slav and pretty much straight away the BFR came up and I couldn't resist. I should really sell the other two but they each have their own unique character.
    I love all three, but that BFR is my #1 pick of the bunch.

2019 Albert Lee - BFR - Electric Shimmer
    2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Ann
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle
    - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Ann
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann
    1995 Albert Lee - Jim Messina’s

User Info Menu

I'm a long time lurker and did not post very much so far (not at all to be exact )
    But here's another one for the gallery. I own this guitar since the 25th was released. This is also the only EBMM guitar I have and it's one of the best of my stable. EBMM fooled themselfs with this model, because it's so perfect that I don't need another EBMM guitar!

25th Anniversary headcount-25th-jpg
    Last edited by painkiller; 03-01-2013 at 05:35 AM.

User Info Menu

I'll play too.

jimmy

2009 25th Anniversary BFR All Rosewood Neck #24/25
    2002 Silo Spec SSS Autumn Redburst
    2007 Silo Spec HSS LE 07 Blue Dawn
    2005 SM Y2D Purple Sunset
    2007 AL SSS Cherry Burst
    Mesa/Boogie Studio Caliber
    Mesa/Boogie Mark V25

User Info Menu

Jimmy even as much as that AL is smoking your baby puts all those EB's to shame= Congrats!

Don't have a good pic handy but my 25th will never go anywhere.

User Info Menu

I just brought home a NOS 25th Anniversary Guitar!

Honestly, I kinda' stumbled into it. Started guitar shopping, and played a guitar that I thought was the Axis. Came back to the store intending to buy it, then realized it was a 25th Anniversary.

This is the first time I had ever seriously looked at any EBMM guitar or bass. My NOS guitar was priced to sell on clearance. GC really wanted it out. I'm only now realizing I've stumbled into quite a find!

My previous guitar was an Ibanez S from 1994. Very nice guitar, but this 25th Anniversary is obviously in a different league.

My serial number is G47627. Don't know what -- if anything -- that indicates about the guitar.

BTW, my axe has a maple neck and non-floating vibrato bar. I got a few questions about using this guitar optimally, esp. regarding the 5-pickup setting and the parallel / series toggle. I'll look around the forum and website for awhile before asking much.

Cheers,
    - Joe, St. Louis area

User Info Menu

Welcome to the addiction Joe. I used to be a big Ibanez fan but bought an early Petrucci when JP switched camps, then...well just look at my signature line.

The 25th is a sweet axe. I have a maple/trem. I would suggest letting the bridge float just a little. Mine has maybe a half step up available and it will still Drop D without going crazy. Also is insanely stable tuning-wise. Mine also has the best unplugged sustain of any guitar I own hands down. Go out and have a bite to eat and she'll still be singing.

I will tell you that I've found that pickup positions 2&3 on my axe, are pretty similar. Difficult to tell the difference unless you have a pretty clean amp setting with high's available. I also think it's a very unique voiced guitar, I don't really try to compare it to anything else. Let it be itself.

Another great thing about the axe is the tone knob is very usable. This is especially cool since the bridge humbucker is a little brighter than most, which is cool, but with the tone knob it really gives you a whole 'nother voice.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joegrant413 View Post
    I just brought home a NOS 25th Anniversary Guitar!

. I got a few questions about using this guitar optimally, esp. regarding the 5-pickup setting and the parallel / series toggle. I'll look around the forum and website for awhile before asking much.

Cheers,
    - Joe, St. Louis area
    Careful Joe, my first was also a 25th that I stumbled upon. I now own 10. If I could only own 1, and was a gigging musician, it would be my 25th. You'll figure out the diversity. Congrats.
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

A couple of questions:

- Is there anything like an owners manual or web page about owning and maintaining this particular guitar?

- What strings do you guys use?

- What do you do to polish / keep up the fit and finish?

- Do you use the vibrato / tremolo bar? If so, how well does the guitar stay in tune? (I ask because initially I was looking for a hard tail guitar, having gotten wary of vibrato bar hassles.)

- What roughly was the the street price of the 25h anniversary guitar when it first came out?

- Is there a group or web page for us... or is this thread the closest thing to that ?

Cheers,
    - Joe
    Last edited by joegrant413; 07-14-2014 at 12:21 PM.

User Info Menu

I don't think there's an "owners manual" per se
    I use regular EB 10's...YMMV
    Most recently I've used the EBMM polish but I've used other stuff guitar polishes and they work just fine
    My vibrato floats just a little. Up a 1/2 step. Stays in tune ludicrously well. I do a couple EVH tunes with big dive bombs (Ice Cream Man). No problem. I DO put graphite on the nut when I change strings with all my guitars.
    No idea the price
    You're here
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

I was wondering if there is a was to just get one coil of the neck pickup redirected to one of the 5-way lever positions. That way, you would be able to get a more strat-ish sound. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

Please, what kind of model the 25th Anniversary closest: Axis or Reflex?
    JP6 LE 2008 Sequoia Gold
    JP6 LE 2008 Sequoia Gold (Twin Sister same DOB)
    Reflex Vintage Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noel31 View Post
    Please, what kind of model the 25th Anniversary closest: Axis or Reflex?
    The 25th is the "Reflex".
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

Time to resurrect this thread. I know there are some newer members out there with a 25th to add here. Here's mine... love it.

25th Anniversary headcount-25th_1-jpg
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."