The Vault
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: BFR Mystic Dream is REAL!?

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    BFR Mystic Dream is REAL!?


  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Well it's real, I had one.

    It's a BFR because of the RW neck.

    It does not have the standard BFR options. Toneblock, alder body, etc
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

    Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

    U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Very real!
    ...and i love mine!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    Well it's real, I had one.

    It's a BFR because of the RW neck.

    It does not have the standard BFR options. Toneblock, alder body, etc

    so, its basswood body?

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    Well it's real, I had one.

    It's a BFR because of the RW neck.

    It does not have the standard BFR options. Toneblock, alder body, etc
    Yes, it is a BFR JP with a basswood body and all rosewood neck.

    Just to clarify, there are no "standard BFR options" - the BFRs are whatever EB wants them to be. There are, however, regular production BFRs which do come with a mahogany tone block, maple cap, alder body, and mahogany neck. Some even come with koa tops and all mahogany bodies!

    I think there is some confusion on this topic because the first 4 or 5 BFR models that EB introduced had the tone block and maple tops. The BFR Gold Roller and BFR double-neck don't have the toneblock, and neither does the BFR Mystic Dream JP w/rosewood neck, but they are all BFRs.

    What I am trying to say is that BFR ≠ toneblock
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP2203 View Post
    so, its basswood body?
    yes - it is the original body style with arm scoop and the original basswood body. As mentioned above its the all rosewood neck that makes it a BFR. If you look at the description closely the lister took it from a KOA top guitar not a mystic dream.
    MBG CIC ALOC
    "If, for any reason, you are not 100% satisfied with the, quality, workmanship, playability, tone or even color of your new, and or used, Albert Lee Model. Send it to me, and I will keep it."
    Albert Lee - Gremlin Greene

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Seems a bit pricey to me... also, I'm sure that has been played (judging from the seller and the fact that it has been months and months since they were released) so I don't think the "new" description holds up.
    JP Dargie Delight Too G39071 born 9.25.09
    JP10 G49552 born on youtube? 3.24.10

    My dream EBMM: a Dargie JPX with unfinished RW neck, oversized martini inlays, and Gamechanger

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    It has been used, but it sucks because the seller has to sell it due to hard times...

    So is there any way to make a custom ordered JP guitar? Just as there is this BFR Mystic Dream if I wanted say a one piece rosewood neck and perhaps different DiMarzio pickups or something like that, is there a way I can tell ErnieBall/MusicMan and have them create a guitar just for me?

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by waynesworld91 View Post
    It has been used, but it sucks because the seller has to sell it due to hard times...

    So is there any way to make a custom ordered JP guitar? Just as there is this BFR Mystic Dream if I wanted say a one piece rosewood neck and perhaps different DiMarzio pickups or something like that, is there a way I can tell ErnieBall/MusicMan and have them create a guitar just for me?
    No - EBMM isn't set up as a custom shop. Of course their business model is that all guitars are built to order (they don't keep an inventory) but they are built from each models' specific set of options. There are lots of threads on "Custom Shop" if you want to read BP's comments on the issue (just do a quick search; there was a long one on the topic a month or two ago).

    The rosewood necks were a special run - there was only a 2-3 week window to place orders.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by waynesworld91 View Post
    So is there any way to make a custom ordered JP guitar? Just as there is this BFR Mystic Dream if I wanted say a one piece rosewood neck and perhaps different DiMarzio pickups or something like that, is there a way I can tell ErnieBall/MusicMan and have them create a guitar just for me?
    No. As Pete pointed out, BFR's are whatever EBMM feels like making. For the standard JP you have choice of color, dot vs shield inlays, piezo, and matching headstock. Beyond that, you cannot get different pups, bridge, or electronic layout.
    Last edited by kneeoh; 11-30-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    James

    JP6 (Black Sparkle)
    JP6 (Mystic Dream)
    JP7 (Blue Dawn)
    Steve Morse (dark Blueburst)
    Silo Spec. (Pearl Purple)
    BFR JP6 (Bahama Blue Burst)
    Albert Lee (Carbon Blue Pearl)
    25th Anniversary (Venetian Redburst)
    Axis (Lavender Pearl)
    BFR JP6 (Dargie Delight 2)
    Y2D (D-Purpleburst)
    JPX (Black Sugar)
    HH AL (Eldorado Gold)
    JPXI (Onyx)
    Dark Lord Morse
    LIII (Olive Gold)

    Proud member of the ALOC and SMOC

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Yes, it is a BFR JP with a basswood body and all rosewood neck.

    Just to clarify, there are no "standard BFR options" - the BFRs are whatever EB wants them to be. There are, however, regular production BFRs which do come with a mahogany tone block, maple cap, alder body, and mahogany neck. Some even come with koa tops and all mahogany bodies!

    I think there is some confusion on this topic because the first 4 or 5 BFR models that EB introduced had the tone block and maple tops. The BFR Gold Roller and BFR double-neck don't have the toneblock, and neither does the BFR Mystic Dream JP w/rosewood neck, but they are all BFRs.

    What I am trying to say is that BFR ≠ toneblock
    ^^^ What he said. Pete knows his stuff.

    I apologize for the lack of clarity in my original post. What I meant by standard BFR options, I meant the standard BFR options for the JP BFR. My mistake.
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

    Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

    U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    Well it's real, I had one.
    Yes you did!!
    Mystic Dream BFR JP6 rosewood neck Tremel-No'd and LiquiCrunch'd
    Bogner Duende 1x12/Axe-FX Standard/Mesa Recto 2x12
    Liquid Foot Jr
    Creepy Fingers Rising Fuzz

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh O View Post
    Yes you did!!
    Hah!


    Named her Aurora, given the mystical and the earth contrast between the mystic dream finish and the rosewood neck. Like the Aurora Borealis.

    Take good care of her!
    EBMM 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst - "Valentine" , Flamed, Rosewood FB, Hardtail. Born 08/05/09

    Your Fearless 25ROC Leader. (25th/Reflex Owners Club)

    U!..C!...L!.......A!.... UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by waynesworld91 View Post
    It has been used, but it sucks because the seller has to sell it due to hard times...

    So is there any way to make a custom ordered JP guitar? Just as there is this BFR Mystic Dream if I wanted say a one piece rosewood neck and perhaps different DiMarzio pickups or something like that, is there a way I can tell ErnieBall/MusicMan and have them create a guitar just for me?
    Then it would not be a JP. ALL and I mean ALL signature models are made in accordance to the artists specs. Until JP changes something, it is what it is. There are some one offs out there.....but....you cannot order a JP and then have it customized to your spec.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

    A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

    "Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySteve View Post
    Hah!


    Named her Aurora, given the mystical and the earth contrast between the mystic dream finish and the rosewood neck. Like the Aurora Borealis.

    Take good care of her!
    She's taking good care of me!! Love that guitar.
    Mystic Dream BFR JP6 rosewood neck Tremel-No'd and LiquiCrunch'd
    Bogner Duende 1x12/Axe-FX Standard/Mesa Recto 2x12
    Liquid Foot Jr
    Creepy Fingers Rising Fuzz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums