New Prodigy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: angry at the world

User Info Menu

angry at the world

sorry i'm taking this forum to blow out steam but i've got no one left to talk to, which is sad really, really sad.

a few months ago i started school after 2 years of preperations to study computer sciences, foolish me never took an example course and turns out stuff is too hefty and hard for me, i tried for 2 months, ended up failing.

first time in my life i ever quit something. really bugged me for a while

at least i had a fiance who loved me and supported me all the way through, though while studying i had to quit my job and went into debt (not a big one, 200$ atm). haven't been able to find work (been 3 weeks) but i got 2 interviews on sunday and hopefully something turns up.

ironically enough, my finace just called saying she doesn't feel the same way she felt before and she wants a break, that was 30 mins ago.

I dunno how this will end up, but it seems life decided to take a stab at me.

I'm thinking in about 2 months to leave my country and head to europe, thinking about ireland, i am really drawn to that country, no idea why.

i'm sure the older guys here have been through this phase of confusion and uncertainty, any advice for a young fella just trying to live his life in peace ?

User Info Menu

well, life sucks.

but if i were you, i'd think long and hard before emigrating. i emigrated from portugal to holland, it to us it's just crossing the state line, but even that was a hell of a clash. totally NOT the life you have now.

i wish you all the best. as far as women go, a piece of advice, that "for rich and for poor" stuff? you just need to find one for poor cuz for rich everyone's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by robelinda2 View Post
    Life sucks when you have to play metal on a JP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This is normal..noting to see...no cause for alarm. You are a perfect guitarist.
    BP on BKrumme's recurring waiting for the UPS guy

User Info Menu

I was 26 when for the first time in my life I failed at something. Before that all was peachy, got in on every job I applied for, breezed through high school before that. Shook me up big time. Got depressed and at what I thought was rock bottom my ex left me after 7 years. Then I met mister rock bottom for real. Dropped everything, couldn't touch a guitar and sold everything and just floated. It lasted for almost a year. Then I met my girlfriend who i've been with for 3 years now and love to death. Decided to try again and live. And here I am months away from being a doctor. Playing again (my gf bought me my first and awesome Ball) and loving it. Life has a tendency to work out, the only condition being to not stop trying and not remaining dead in the water.

Usually people learn to cope with failure at a younger age. It's healthy. People might look at my example and laugh. But you're never to old to learn as I have found. I'm stronger and so will you. If your heart tells you to go to ireland, go. Good times will come. Don't stagnate, get out there, you will get by. Promise
    GEAR:
    - 1993 Silo in Cherryburst with Floyd
    - Roland VG-99

User Info Menu

You are about to head into a crisis
    You are currently in a crisis
    You are just got out of a crisis

Always keep this in mind... life is a challenge and the struggle is what makes you stronger and helps you grow. Where do you currently live? what do you do? (when you have a job) what do you love to do?

When you are in a place like you are you should be asking yourself what is going to make you happy. Then follow that dream... I have learned more from falling flat on my face then I ever have through success... don't be afraid to take a risk, but also don't be stupid and throw everything away with out planning first. A move to another country takes lots of $$$$ and planning. I am a dual citizen of the US and Ireland and have family in Belfast... its still not cheap for me to move over there!
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    well, life sucks.

i wish you all the best. as far as women go, a piece of advice, that "for rich and for poor" stuff? you just need to find one for poor cuz for rich everyone's there.

Hmmmm.... A women who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math... that's a great idea!
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    well, life sucks.

but if i were you, i'd think long and hard before emigrating. i emigrated from portugal to holland, it to us it's just crossing the state line, but even that was a hell of a clash. totally NOT the life you have now.

life is pretty hard here right now, it's been going downhill for the past few years, prices are WAY high, salaries are low... you know the drill. luckily i bought my ebmm just before that

i'm not going to stop trying, just nothing good that stayed happened to me since who knows... kinda frustrating, my parents lash out at me atm, I am pretty sure i'm about to get kicked out, life is just wrong from all around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ang3lus View Post
    my parents lash out at me atm, I am pretty sure i'm about to get kicked out, life is just wrong from all around.
    Parents hate seeing their offspring fail because it feels like they failed themselves as parents, at least that's what they told me . Hope it works out!
    GEAR:
    - Roland VG-99

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    You are about to head into a crisis
    You are currently in a crisis
    You are just got out of a crisis

Always keep this in mind... life is a challenge and the struggle is what makes you stronger and helps you grow. Where do you currently live? what do you do? (when you have a job) what do you love to do?

When you are in a place like you are you should be asking yourself what is going to make you happy. Then follow that dream... I have learned more from falling flat on my face then I ever have through success... don't be afraid to take a risk, but also don't be stupid and throw everything away with out planning first. A move to another country takes lots of $$$$ and planning. I am a dual citizen of the US and Ireland and have family in Belfast... its still not cheap for me to move over there!

I live in Israel atm, have always lived here, served my 3 years in the military and I was an electronics salesmen up until two months ago (am 24 now) , what i love to do the most is music, that's a given i think, i've been studying like crazy, theory and everything and was wanting to take that up as a profession, but there is very little work with music around here, except a very few chosen ones, everyone else is broke here pursuing music.

i am a dual citizen also, Israel and Germany, that's how i can emigrate to europe.

User Info Menu

My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

About as much as having to play country on an AL ?
    GEAR:
    - Roland VG-99

User Info Menu

Life doesnt suck thats a cliche...situations suck.....George Harrison said it best 'All Things must Pass" both good and bad it is a series of cycles...you have to position yourself to capitalize on the good times and minimize the exposure in bad....

Change is what I always preach. get movin do something...

As for the fiance.....she could have done you a big favor doing this now. My advice is to give her what she wants...most guys badger the person so bad that they run them off for good. You are a better target for her or anyone else if you are moving and not sulking.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Life doesnt suck thats a cliche...situations suck.....George Harrison said it best 'All Things must Pass" both good and bad it is a series of cycles...you have to position yourself to capitalize on the good times and minimize the exposure in bad....

Change is what I always preach. get movin do something...

As for the fiance.....she could have done you a big favor doing this now. My advice is to give her what she wants...most guys badger the person so bad that they run them off for good. You are a better target for her or anyone else if you are moving and not sulking.
    Wow, was going to post but BP summed it up perfectly, not much more to be said.

Will add if is not meant to be then find what is meant to be, took me 37 years to find the right woman, right occupation, and 45 years to find the right hobby, playing guitar, life is short enjoy it and take the bad with the good, positive attitude and thinking wins always.

User Info Menu

In Germany we have a saying..."Umwege erweitern die Ortskenntnis"...detours broaden your knowledge of the place...sometimes life takes such a detour, probably just to let you know when you're on the right path.
    c(_)
    Albert Lee BFR Pinkburst 07/16/09
    Albert Lee SSS Trans Gold 06/09/04
    Albert Lee Dargie Delight II 10/30/09
    Albert Lee MM90 White Pearl 08/10/08
    Steve Morse Y2D Purple Sunset 02/18/08
    25th Anniversary 04/01/09
    Axis Sport HSS Trans Gold 03/11/98

User Info Menu

thank you all for your support.

I also play blues on the JP !

HAHA !

I honestly think it's the best guitar i've ever played.

when i travel maybe i'll get to test the AL finally, i have only seen a few around ehre, never got to test run them.

User Info Menu

As you go through life the steaks get bigger...jobs seem harder to get because they pay more as you get older and more people are trying to get the same job...as for the womam your guess is as good as anyones... If she wont stick with you through a rough patch she was not the real deal anyway...keep going to job interviews and things will turn for you...dont leave the country...just be glad there are no kids involed!