The Vault
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Morse Guitar tabs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I would really love to see a tab of "On The Pipe".
    Here's the transcription. I've got the tab at home if somebody else doesn't get to ya first.

Man that's such a great tune.

User Info Menu

Hello

For "On the Pipe", I have a good transcription that comes from the old Steve Morse fan site (the webmaster was an australian guy called Heath Barratt). I don't think this site still exists, but I will try to find the tab ... I believe it's on the hard disk of my old PC ... just give me time

User Info Menu

thanks beej and fbecir

If you guys find the tab, could you maybe send it to me?

robwright21 at gmail dot com

User Info Menu

Hello

I just found on my old hard disk the tablature of "On the Pipe" in Powertab format. It's not perfect (rhythm and tempo are wrong) but the notes are quite good.
    If you want it, just PM me.

User Info Menu

I love listening to players who have figured out steves music. John C, Norm, Beej and tommy to name a few.

Might have to fly tommy in for a guitar lesson over some weekend in the future.
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    Hello

I just found on my old hard disk the tablature of "On the Pipe" in Powertab format. It's not perfect (rhythm and tempo are wrong) but the notes are quite good.
    If you want it, just PM me.
    Thank you again Francois!!!!!

I've been wanting to see a tab of this song for years and years....and years....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    Hello

For "On the Pipe", I have a good transcription that comes from the old Steve Morse fan site (the webmaster was an australian guy called Heath Barratt). I don't think this site still exists, but I will try to find the tab ... I believe it's on the hard disk of my old PC ... just give me time
    I’d love this tab if you still have it!’ Thanks so much

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post

Totally! Always have something to work on. I sit with the tunes slowed way down and play along. I'm always ecstatic when I can get some of the tougher passages ... but trying to put a whole tune of his together at tempo is exceedingly difficult.
    I have performed Point Counterpoint, Take it off the top, Vista Grande, Country colors, Cabin Fever in public. A bunch of other songs will never reach "whole tune" status. (A man has got to know his limitations)

On the pipe is one of my favorite to play and I know I learned it incorrectly.
    If there is a good version available for distribution then I raise my hand.
    I really want to respect copyright for Steve
    I also regret not buying the Tab Book for the Dregs Full Circle.

Yesterday my son said
    "Daddy will you play guitar while I do my (virtual on line) Karate class?"
    Just added that to my list of things to be thankful for.
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette19 Bongo 6 Fretless BFR Double neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Avi777 View Post
    I’d love this tab if you still have it!’ Thanks so much
    You might want to send him a PM.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

On the Pipe is so killer.

Speaking of which ... anyone remember the Jimmy Herring version from GIT? Still kills me.

On The Pipe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    On the Pipe is so killer.

Speaking of which ... anyone remember the Jimmy Herring version from GIT? Still kills me.

On The Pipe
    I found this guy making it look easy. He never makes eye contact with his hand. I can't do that.
    YouTube
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette19 Bongo 6 Fretless BFR Double neck

User Info Menu

oh great, I hardly forgot this tune. never played it but it sounds and looks like great fun.
    thanks
    Last edited by banjoplayer; 07-09-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typing error....
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorM View Post
    I found this guy making it look easy. He never makes eye contact with his hand. I can't do that.
    YouTube
    Wow! Great find. That's amazing- he kills it and doesn't look like he's sweating at all. Some different positions than when I (weakly) try to play it.

Thanks Norm- I think I'm going to spend some time with that one.

User Info Menu

Hello

A link on the PowerTab made by Heath Barratt (an Australian guy who made the first Steve Morse fan site, a long time ago ...) :

WeTransfer

The tablature is not perfect : the rhythm is not good, the tempo is wrong ...
    But the notes are quite good (perhaps the fingering are not the best ones).

Hope that helps !

User Info Menu

Thanks François!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang