Mega Primo Mammoth

Thread: Is Anyone Else Strung Out?

User Info Menu

Is Anyone Else Strung Out?

I just ordered my second EBMM Axis this week (not bragging), ushering in a rapidly growing addiction. I have been slowly saving up for quite some time to accompany a much beloved Pat. Pending 1997 Archtop PV Wolfgang and I never thought I would say this but the Axis is simply a better guitar. I have to say that being "strung out" on an Axis is freaking incredible! A huge thanks to Big Poppa and The EBMM family for this quality line of instruments! I will post pics of both very soon............

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by klownhere View Post
    I have been slowly saving up for quite some time to accompany a much beloved Pat. Pending 1997 Archtop PV Wolfgang and I never thought I would say this but the Axis is simply a better guitar.
    Understatement of the year. No question about it. The Axis is a great guitar. Congrats on the order. What color are you getting?

User Info Menu

I am scheduled to get a delivery of a purple flame top Axis in a 9 out of 10 condition, just a couple of years old with no fading issues (although I wouldn't actually mind a little fading). I haven't had that night before Christmas feeling in quite some time! It is through Guitar Center used online with the 30 day return policy as well which is comforting to me if it were to arrive damaged, etc. WOOOHOOOO!

User Info Menu

Purple Flame Axis will be cool to see Welcome to the Axis Addiction !
    Tommydude

1993 EVH Green Quilt (for sale on eBay)

1996 Axis Red Quilt

1997 Axis Blue Quilt

User Info Menu

Thanks and I will try to post pics shortly after I get it!

User Info Menu

I stay strung out

User Info Menu

I'm very familiar with your feelings on this. The very first $1K plus guitar I ever bought was a PVW. I thought it was a great guitar, and bought a Special, and a Flame-top Special. I was pretty satisfied being a Wolf-man, until I had the opportunity to play an Axis. One came in used at my local guitar shop. After examining the fit and finish, tone, and playability, I came to the very same conclusion you did. Traded my Standard for the Axis. I took the Axis and my Special to every gig, but found that I just never wanted to pick up the Special anymore.

Through a combination of trades, time, and dumb luck, I was able to finally obtain an EBMM/EVH. It's a great guitar, and since I'm a VH fan, it's perfect for me. There has been alot of discussion in the past of EBMM/EVH vs. Axis, and which is better. I can honestly say, having been an owner of both, that there is really no signifigant difference between the two. Sure, there are differences, but none that change the tone or playability of the guitar in any major way to say that one is better than the other.

The Axis started life as the original EVH signature guitar, but since then, I believe the guitar has transcended the association with EVH, and stands on it's own as a great instrument.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I LOVE both!!! Only guitars I play!

User Info Menu

The MMs are pretty amazing guitars. The secrets out of the bag - a few years ago nobody knew they made guitars but the words definitely getting out there and for damn good reason

enjoy!

User Info Menu

You are so right about not many people actually knowing (including myself until very recently)how great EBMM guitars really are. I think much of it has to do with their relative scarcity at music stores to just pull off the rack to try out but I think this is why their quality is very consistent. Guess what? I just found out that my Axis will be delivered within the next two hours from UPS! I am giddy/nervous with anticipation!

User Info Menu

don't forget to post some pics! NGD feels like Christmas to me everytime.
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leftyguitarblue View Post
    don't forget to post some pics! NGD feels like Christmas to me everytime.
    yeah to me also, though I heard of someone who returned his dream guitar to Santa recently

pics is a must !! congrats on the new purchase
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009