The Vault
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the Tremol-no?

User Info Menu

Anyone using the Tremol-no?

I'm thinking about installing a tremol-no system on my Luke and was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what they thought of it.A friend put one on his PRS 513 and loves it but before I drop the coinage I figured I'd get some input here first.
    Luke Luke Blue Dob 6/17/2008
    Luke White Pearl Dob 4/30/2010

User Info Menu

I used one on my Luke when I had it and I'm currently using it on one of my JP's and I highly recommend it. Works like a charm. My band does a lot of drop D songs and it works great.
    Lefty JP6 BFR Cherryburst (Born 12-30-09)

User Info Menu

Another recommendation here. I have one on my Jackson and it's fantastic.

User Info Menu

Does it protrude in a way that affects the trem cavity cover?

Or am I thinking of a different but similar product?

User Info Menu

Trem cover will not fit back on. I cut a hole on mine with a dremmel.
    JP6 Mystic Dream
    JP6 DD2
    JP6 BFR Walnut
    JP6 White Sparkle
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    JP6 BFR Black Sparkle Custom Color
    JPX6
    JP6 Olive Gold
    JP6 Blue Dawn
    JP13 Cardinal Red Sparkle
    JP6 Stealth White
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Autumn Red
    Luke III Buttercream

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Trem cover will not fit back on. I cut a hole on mine with a dremmel.

I had to cut a hole in my Luke backplate, but the JP cover went back on for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Does it protrude in a way that affects the trem cavity cover?

Or am I thinking of a different but similar product?
    AFAIK in order to use it to it's fullest extent (i.e. fully floating,downpitch only or locked in place)you can't put the trem cover back on.
    Found this on youtube
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZnipHc1ec"]YouTube- Tremol-No Demonstration Video[/ame]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gtrman66 View Post
    AFAIK in order to use it to it's fullest extent (i.e. fully floating,downpitch only or locked in place)you can't put the trem cover back on.
    Found this on youtube
    YouTube- Tremol-No Demonstration Video

I just meant that you COULD put the cover back on, but in order to lock it or unlock, the cover must be off to adjust the screws.

User Info Menu

What would be the point to put it on the LUKE though? Keep it in its floating position, but lock it in place?
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leftyguitarblue View Post
    I just meant that you COULD put the cover back on, but in order to lock it or unlock, the cover must be off to adjust the screws.
    Usually the trem cover won't fit on because of the thumb screws, so people do what Lou did. Some companies that make guitar with the Tremol-no as an option have trem covers that are cut for the Tremol-no.

If you don't make a cover for it, a piece of tape across the screws can be helpful to prevent them from turning if they rub against your body while playing.

User Info Menu

Why would you want to put the cover on?
    It is designed to be altered on the fly is it not?
    Surely having it set in one single position all the time defeats the purpose?
    As it is easy enough to hardtail the trem by either blocking it or simply just tightening the spring claw.

User Info Menu

Yea, thats why I was asking about the application of it for the LUKE. I understand a fully floating system, but the LUKE can be tightened to be like a hardtail. Either way it seems like a pretty cool device...however my solution would be to have several different guitars for these applications...more specifically as many Balls as possible .
    GEAR:
    -2010 EBMM SM-Y2D

Blackstar HT-20 Head
    Mesa Boogie 3/4 1x12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roubster View Post
    Yea, thats why I was asking about the application of it for the LUKE. I understand a fully floating system, but the LUKE can be tightened to be like a hardtail. Either way it seems like a pretty cool device...however my solution would be to have several different guitars for these applications...more specifically as many Balls as possible .
    Yeah if I had bottomless pockets I'd have a room full of balls
    But most of the gigs we play are in places where I'm lucky if i can fit more than one guitar on the stage.I usually take 2 but keep one in the case stashed in the back just in case something fails on the luke(not happened yet ).I think it would only make an already versatile guitar more versatile.

User Info Menu

I have one of the first models (clamp type) that also required an adaptor for the JP trem block. I couldn't get the cover back on.

Another tip to keep the thumbscrews fom moving is take a spring from a pickup (the one that goes around the height adjusting screw), and cut it down so it fits over the thumbscrew. Screw it back into the tremol-no and it'll keep your screws from backing out on you.
    JP6 Mystic Dream
    JP6 DD2
    JP6 BFR Walnut
    JP6 White Sparkle
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    JP6 BFR Black Sparkle Custom Color
    JPX6
    JP6 Olive Gold
    JP6 Blue Dawn
    JP13 Cardinal Red Sparkle
    JP6 Stealth White
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Autumn Red
    Luke III Buttercream

User Info Menu

I was asking around about these - the one response I had was that they are noisy?

now without trying one myself I can't verify that and maybe tremolno users would like to chip in?
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112: